UK Harper's Bazaar May 2024 : Nicola Coughlan by Agata Pospieszynska

tigerrouge

don't look down
Reaction score
Last edited:
I can't look at this cover seriously after ^. I was going to say this is very British Bazaar. Part of their identity, so if there's something to rescue is they keep on the same line month after month. Nicola looks pretty though.

No print subscription copy yet, but the digital edition is showing 188 pages.

The cover has nice colours for spring, but the image itself is too busy to work well as a cover. It looks more like an editorial image, or a post by someone really wanting to show off their jewellery.

Nicola is someone new for the magazine, so I like that aspect. No other cover versions are shown in the contents pages.

Aside from the cover story, the other editorials in the main fashion section are:

- The 60s-inspired "Sunny Afternoon", shot by Jem Mitchell, styled by Miranda Almond, with model Noor Chaltin;
- The studio-shot "Just A Dream", shot by Vicki King, styled by Leith Clark, with models Noor Elliot and Grace Harumi;
- The street-shot "Flaneuse Moderne" shot by Esther Theaker, styled by Elodie David-Touboul, with model Felice Noordhoff.

There are also interviews with Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe and actress Marisa Abela.

DEAR READER…
Photography:
Agata Pospieszynska
Styling: Charlie Harrington
Hair: Luke Pluckrose
Make-up: Sara Hill
Model/Celebrity: Nicola Coughlan

UK Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

SUNNY AFTERNOON
Photography:
Jem Mitchell
Styling: Miranda Almond
Hair: Neil Moodie
Make-up: Joey Choy
Model: Noor Chaltin

JUST A DREAM
Photography:
Vicki King
Styling: Leith Clark
Hair: Tomi Roppongi
Make-up: Victoria Martin
Models: Noor Elliot & Grace Harumi

She may not have a model body, yet she has a very beautiful and classy face, and looks beautiful overall, but that cover makes her look too short. Not sure why they couldn't crop it differently or use the picture in the same place where she's more zoomed in.

lovely cover and lovely issue based on what's posted. very spring - light, shimmery, airy, dream-like

the cover could've been cropped more to frame her face, otherwise, nice, pleasing colors for the cover

They are beautiful pictures but one can tell that the photographer is not used to photographing more plus size subjects. That close up of her smiling would have been stunning or the one with the flower but then again Twitter would be triggered by them putting a plus size model on their cover in a cropped shot. The image they picked for the cover didnt work because the pastel is drowning her and the composition is off too.

The cover is very pretty, very quintessential British Harper's Bazaar and all very inoffensive on the eye. However, I just hate and loathe entirely Nicola's hand on her stomach. The beautiful setting, the jewelry, the Emilia Wickstead dress and the hand on the stomach is all I'm able to see.

Nevertheless, major kudos to Lydia Slater for opting to use a body shot of Nicola as opposed to a closeup head shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xvtvi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->