UK Harper's Bazaar October 2015 : Michelle Dockery by David Slijper

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score

I hate to disappoint by not having an official image to post but thought we'd get some excitement brewing about the October issues (since I'm pretty much over the hype surrounding September). Even though Michelle Dockery on Harper's Bazaar doesn't exactly improve matters for me. The cover above is for subscribers. *Eyes roll to the back of head!

Whoa, how many times has she been featured now? It feels like; every year!

Justine is really recycling the cover stars, hard!

Thanks for posting, cant comment much on the cover at this point though.

Hmm.. her again? Just by the looks of the preview, it feels like I'm to expect a Town & Country cover

Country house style, what a new direction for both the cover star and the magazine.

I'm excited about the duck in the corner though. Finally a new cover star.

You've learned nothing from this magazine.

You've learned nothing from this magazine.

Hahahaha! I guess I'm the only one looking forward to this. Love Michelle, and the shot looks promising, but not her expression, I'm afraid. I expect this will be their 'farewell' DA cover. Amxious to see the rest of the covers.

She's wearing Ralph Lauren Fall 2015 (One of the most photographed dresses of the season!!!)
ONP_7291.jpg

voguerunway.com (So weird not typing Style.com)

Newsstand Cover:

image.jpg

harpersbazaar.co.uk

The girl can't smize to save her life can she?

I thought the newsstand cover would at least feature a different look. I don't like this Ralph Lauren dress, it's too bland. Reminds me of oatmeal.

this magazine sometimes looks like a mutated version of Town & Country and Tatler... their September cover was quite strong though...
Nevertheless, Michelle looks beautiful and so does the cover but it does not scream of a fashion magazine...

I wish they'd allowed her to look pleasant. I know, Lady Mary and all that, but unlike the horrid character, Michelle has loads of charm. The spread she did years ago with Tom Hiddleston is still the best and most suitable editorial she's done.

(The dress looks bulky and is the wrong shade for her skin--she looks pallid instead of her pretty porcelain)

Last edited by a moderator:

SWAN SONG
Photographers: David Slijper
Stylist: Leith Clark
Hair: Seb Bascle
Make-up: Lisa Eldridge
Model/Celebrity: Michelle Dockery

Harper's Bazaar UK

This makes me want to sleep. It's very Town & Country meet The Hollywood Reporter

SUCH STUFF AS DREAMS ARE MADE ON
Photographer: Erik Madigan Heck
Stylist: Leith Clark
Hair: Panos Papandrianos
Make-up: Janeen Witherspoon
Model: Audrey Marnay

Harper's Bazaar UK

SHE'S LIKE THE WIND
Photographer: David Slijper
Stylist: Miranda Almond
Hair: Alain Pichon
Make-up: Janeen Witherspoon