UK Vogue June 2024 : Sophie Turner by Mikael Jansson

I hate this type of photography on covers :doh:
why, Mikael, whyyy?!

Me too, it looks so drab and unflattering. Sophie is a gorgeous woman though, but here only her hair looks great. The flash is too strong and the color of the dress doesn't compliment her beauty. A pink or red dress would have been much better. This cover had potential though.

Drab, lifeless and a complete non-event of a cover. Chioma Nnadi's British Vogue has, so far, left me massively underwhelmed. Three issues in and I am 99.9% certain I will be cancelling my subscription come December...

Very random choice, she hasn’t really done anything since GoT.

She looks so much like Elizabeth Debicki here!
She had 2 kids back to back no? That probably stumped her career. Out of all the GOT cast she seemed the one who would take the most opportunities. She’s still with LV.

I always thought she looked like Diane Kruger.

Anyways… too much yellow, the dress, her hair, the background… some contrast would be nice.

I very much like this. Colours are so fresh, I'd only zoom her in a bit so that her head completely covers the G letter, but nevertheless, it's nice and it has 2000s model vibes.

It wasn't really bad until I realized that Mikael Jansson shot this cover. His past works for Vogue Paris especially with their Summer issues were always warm, provocative, and interesting. This one, though, looks nothing like the eds he's made under Alt. What a waste of Mikael.

it looks like Elizabeth Debicki, but Mikael Jansson never makes mistakes, I've always liked him for Vogue Paris and Vogue US, the style is by Camilla Nickerson and it seems like a really good job

As if the last three covers have been any worse than the sh*t Edward was publishing 🤣😂

It has 2000s model vibes.
Yup! There's a shot from Sophie's cover story that reminds me of Maggie Rizer in their March 2003's Circuit Training editorial.

Drab, lifeless and a complete non-event of a cover. Chioma Nnadi's British Vogue has, so far, left me massively underwhelmed. Three issues in and I am 99.9% certain I will be cancelling my subscription come December...
She's following (old?) Samira's steps, quite the same aesthetic.

Looks like Kendall’s Us Vogue story is in this issue as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
terarcher1111
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->