UK Vogue May 2013 : Beyoncé Knowles by Arthur Elgort

Kate's editorial is a thousand times better inside the print magazine. The iPad extractions do nothing for the shoot. I went through the iPad version before I got hold of the actual magazine and wasn't impressed. My subscription came on Friday and I'm just amazed at how fantastic Kate's editorial is.

So, I think aside from the couture edit, the rest of the issue is pretty mundane. The other two fashion stories are uninteresting. Most people are sick of seeing Kate Moss, whilst I'm tired of seeing Paolo Roversi/Stella Tennant in the same scenario over and over. Cass Bird's presence does nothing for me either.

As honeycombhild has mentioned, I also enjoyed the 'A funny thing happened..' feature, which involves various talents from Vogue, sharing their interesting experiences on past shoots. I'm all for wanting to known what goes on behind-the-scenes of a publication.

All the editorials in this issue look quite horrid, except for Kate's. She looks great as usual. I wish Stella and Guinevere's editorial wasn't such a big mess.

What a messy issue. There could have been something good with Paolo's ed, but the styling and hair/makeup is so messy.

the placement of text, "megawatt fashion" is a poor choice & the styling is underwhelming as well. nothing 'electrifying' about this shot of beyonce. the hands are doing awkward things.

From supplement

Vogue Promotion "Desert Rose"

Photographer: Koray Birand
Stylist: Tamara Cincik
Hair: Federico Ghezzi
Make-up: Marco Antonio

Model: Gertrud Hegelund Hansen

Source: Visual Optimism (visualoptimism.blogspot.com)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->