US Harper's Bazaar May 2024 : Anok Yai & Christy Turlington Burns by Ethan James Green

I’m torn. I like the cover but it feels very ANTM winning photo.

Their beauty issue typically has stronger covers than other months. I prefer Christy's but won't be disappointed if my subscription copy is Anok's cover, either. It's good to see HB choosing cover photos with subjects expressing something other than "depressed" or "nonplussed"

I'M IN LOVE WITH CHRISTY'S COVER !!! I need it !!!
I can't wait to see the editorial and...
THE VIDEOOOOO ahahaha I always look for the video of the covershoot when I love the cover image.
I feel that I can appreciate even more the image itself after seeing that video footage from it. Don't you all?

I'm so proud of Samira! A cover with someone SMILING on it!!! She's getting there. I knew it. Now, watch the Anok one be the only cover available with those awful eyebrows.

I, too, am getting tired of ANTM used as shorthand for mediocre fashion editorial. The fact of the matter is, most magazines WISH they were producing ANTM level work in 2024.

Love Christy's 2nd and 3rd picture but all the other pictures look CHEAP. wtf are those eyebrows on Anok and this "dress" on Cindy?

Now Samira gave her name... Anok cover and editorial are incredible, Christy is always welcome, but I didn't like that hair!

Anok's cover is stunningly beautiful with her makeup, making it a perfect fit for this beauty issue. On the other hand, Christy's cover gives off a strong Cosmopolitan magazine vibe to me. But hey, she looks amazing too!

CHRISTY TURLINGTON BURNS WILL ALWAYS BE IN FASHION
Photography:
Ethan James Green
Styling: Carlos Nazario
Hair: Lucas Wilson
Make-up: Sam Visser
Model: Christy Turlington Burns

harpersbazaar.com

Anok makes every shoot look like a million bucks. Heck, she's photographed on the street wearing an outfit during fashion week and it looks like an editorial. It's all her modelling (I like her style too, BTW9. Now, that's what I call a true supermodel. She's perhaps the strongest model in the industry in the last years, one of the only ones that come close to the original 90s.

WOWWWWWWW Christy is bringing back the magic I NEED and USED TO looove in fashion magazines from the 90's!!! She's so glam, she looks perfect, amazing hair and makeup : very REVLON !!! THIS THISSSS is what I want to see in fashion worldwide : gorgeous models, models with personality, power, sex appeal, beautyyy.

You see these photos of Christy and cannot help but fall in love with her and with this editorial !
- there's glamour and styling
- there's a model WHO KNOWS HOW TO POSE
- the eyes are electrifying
- the photography is cool
- the different hairstyles are showing off her versatile traits
= magical covershoot.

Having said that though, I KNOW it's not Samira's doing lol, it's just happened to be published in the US edition of Bazaar. She's just lucky it's being published in her edition but Samira's direction and vision for Bazaar is absent and bad. She should have been fired long long looong ago.

I see this cover and I think of Carine Roitfeld and Demarchelier :smile:

Christy is incredibly beautiful. Love her! That being said, I think Ethan's photography needs some glow... I don't know, I feel like there's a certain sparkle/magic missing here. Anok's a great model and could've delivered an amazing editorial (there are great elements over there) but the execution feels... poor?

Christy's cover emits good energy but the cover with Anok is just flawless.
I wonder if both covers will make it to international newsstands, I haven't bother to check American Bazaar in ages so I am unsure if they export only one cover when there's multiple.

Both covers are beautiful, but I love Christy's editorial.
It's not exciting, but it's timeless, like her beauty.
That smiling image is gorgeous.

Love everything. Beautiful photos and the models look radiant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcos11
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->