Photo Irving Penn
Models Anette Stai,Rosemary McGrotha
Hair John Sahag
Makeup Alberto Fava

vogue archive

Last edited:
Active Style
Photo Arthur Elgort
Models Terry Farrell, Andie MacDowell, Begonia, Susan Hess, Suzy Amis, Elisabetta Ramela
Hair Christiaan
Makeup George Newell

vogue archive

Last edited:
Fur: What a Difference!
Photo Hiro
Models Julie Wolfe, Begonia, Donna Stia, Isabella Rossellini, Fuji, Anne Fiona
Hair John Sahag
Makeup Wesley Dunn

vogue archive

Last edited:
The Active Beat...
Photo Gerard Gentil
Models Julie Wolfe, Wanakee Pugh, Terry Farrell, Carrie Nygren, Begonia
Hair Anthony DeMay
Makeup Wesley Dunn

vogue archive

Last edited:
Vogue Patterns
Photo Marco Glaviano
Model Terry Farrell
Hair Sean Hoskins
Makeup Wesley Dunn

vogue archive

Last edited:
beautiful, 80s in vogue is not my favorite era,but there are really beautiful editorial and stories, could you upload when you can the September issue of 1988 @justaguy :smile:

So disappointing Brooke by Avedon didn't have an editorial.

It drives me crazy when there is a cover without a spread. Also not a big fan of Brooke's covers, but this one is ok.

^^^ It’s so weird what the thought process may have been at the time for such a practice: Let’s just cast one of the most famous faces in fashion to be shot by one of the most famous fashion photographers of the time— for just one image… It’s like billing a famous lead for a film only to have her appear for a 1min-cameo. Were readers not peeved off???

(The inside shot is much better than the cropped cover. I get that these full-frontals were the standard at Vogue then, but it’s so annoying to see that the original shot showcased more of a “look” and they still cropped it to the high heavens… The again-- the days when Vogue didn’t answer to their sponsors’ demand for a total head-to-toe look…)

I am a huge fan of the cropped close-up look. I remember reading somewhere that they coined a phrase for the covers from that period but just can't remember it right now. But it had to do with the eyes staring at the reading or something like that. In some cases, the cropped cover was much better than the inside photo. And vice versa, I have seen some of the covers on the getty images site and thought, "OMG! Thank god it's cropped." LOL Perfect example imo is May 1975 US Vogue. I love Lisa's cover but the actual uncropped version is just awful.

Ralph Lauren F/W 82.83
Photo Bruce Weber
Model Unknown

Lou Taylor F/W 82.83
Photo Unknown
Model Isabella Rossellini

Adolph Schuman for Lilli Ann F/W 82.83
Photo Victor Skrebenski
Model Carolyn Kazen

vogue archive

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics