US Vogue February 1, 1966 : Marisa Berenson by Irving Penn

American Fashion We Love Pt. 1
Photo Irving Penn
Models Marisa Berenson, Veruschka, Benedetta Barzini, Mirella Petteni, Wilhelmina Cooper, Brigitte Bauer, Celia Hammond, Isa Stoppi
Hair Ruel of Coiffures Americana, Jean Paul of House of Revlon

Last edited:
More American Fashion We Love Pt. 1
Photo Irving Penn
Models Wilhelmina Cooper, Benedetta Barzini, Unknown, Marisa Berenson, Isa Stoppi, Celia Hammond, Veruschka, Brigitte Bauer, Sue Murray
Hair Ruel of Coiffures Americana, Jean Paul of House of Revlon

Two Faces And...A Landscape...By Truman Capote
Photo Truman Capote
Subjects Perry Edward Smith, Richard Eugene Hichock

vogue archive

Thank you, thank you, thank you justaguy!

That Capote article is just fantastic, as someone who loved In Cold Blood, it was a real pleasure to read that behind the scenes account.

Thank you, thank you, thank you justaguy!

That Capote article is just fantastic, as someone who loved In Cold Blood, it was a real pleasure to read that behind the scenes account.
Welcome, Miss Dalloway! I must admit, I was very excited when I saw it.

I can't remember what editorial I was looking for while digging through the 1966 issues of Vogue you posted @justaguy, but THANK YOU for posting the Capote article. When looking at these old issues, I can't get over how "literary" some of the issues were, of course it wasn't as literary as some other magazines of the day, but they truly make contemporary Vogue look like Highlights for Children. They were amazingly inspirational and aspirational.

Oh NO! I apologize for scaring you! On a different topic, if you have a chance could you post the May/June 1974 Architectural Digest article on Whitney Warren please, no hurry whenever you get a chance. Thanks so much for all you do! Just when I think I've seen everything something new and exciting shows up on my searches! Btw Thank you for the Google search suggestion, way better then searching here!
Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

Oh NO! I apologize for scaring you! On a different topic, if you have a chance could you post the May/June 1974 Architectural Digest article on Whitney Warren please, no hurry whenever you get a chance. Thanks so much for all you do! Just when I think I've seen everything something new and exciting shows up on my searches! Btw Thank you for the Google search suggestion, way better then searching here!
Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!
Agreed!! But when I Google search AD issues I've posted here, nothing comes up. No idea why. I didn't realize I would post so many AD issues so i never bothered to properly track them. I guess if there's dups, people will let know.

Max Factor
Jennifer O'Neill
38 (40).jpeg39 (41).jpeg

Revlon
Kecia Nyman
34 (36).jpeg35 (38).jpeg

Estee Lauder
Phyllis Connor
46 (39).jpeg47 (37).jpeg
Vogue Archive

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics