Model Unknown

vogue archive

Marshall Field & Company
Illustrator René Bouët-Willaumez

Nettie Rosenstein
Illustrator René Bouët-Willaumez

vogue archive

So pretty! thank you justaguy!

That first editorial, and the cover.. :grayheart::grayheart:.. those teams just exuded confidence, in their work and in the viewer, no 'look straight into the camera' and dumbing down imagery so people get exactly what they were going for, they were just so.. artistic and playful and almost a century later, it looks way more adventurous and modern than what we get now.

I don't know why the shot of these platforms surprised me.. I feel like every woman has gone through them at some point (I had a pair when I was like 13 :rofllaughing:) and they always get strong opinions on this potentially 'monumental' trend that's about to happen, and lol.. they've been around since at least 1938!. Also enjoyed Vogue's Spot-Light. Not that I should expect differently when your name is 'trend' ('vogue'), but looks like they've always been the same in terms of hyping the hell out of things that are forgotten the next day.. 'move over Dr. Caligari! Ballerina is here now' (100 years later we're still watching Dr. Caligari and who has even watched Ballerina?), same for the 17 year-old prodigy at Carnegie Hall who was nowhere to be found 3 years later, or Rattner's works which are sold for like $5k these days. At least they tried to keep up (unlike now) but still..:openeyes&handovermouth:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seeress
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->