US Vogue January 1987 : Cindy Crawford by Richard Avedon

^ :shock::cry:.. I hadn't realized the tragedy to come in this section! noooooooooo.. there was a time when the mod team was replacing as much as they could in collaboration with some members (I remember they'd send me the new links when I was a mod and I'd replace the soon-to-be-dead ones). Such a bummer all of this.. although I've learned not to trust in any stupid photo-hosting site because they always pull this (should I say CRIMINAL) number. Better to use our own attachment feature.. it's private and pretty much eternal (downside is being super limited in every way.. ).

yeah, this is going to have a really huge impact on the vintage section. justaguy posted thousands of photos in hundreds of threads, mostly all using imagebox.

It's a minor catastrophe as he no longer posts here and has any communication with other members.

A lot of his pictures are already gone (probably due to copyright issues- same as his absence), and maybe something that needs to be cleaned up a little. I went through a bunch of pages with dead links the other day. Other than that, I'll try to help out, although I'm not even sure if there's another seemingly trustworthy site...

Well it's not so much about the images, I can grab all photos in a thread very quickly, the issue is the associated information with the photos, all the credits etc.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, it would need at least a dozen people on here working together to get everything saved properly.

I think we're just going to have to say goodbye to a lot of hard work.

I did bring this issue up about three years ago. Now it looks like it's actually happening.

:(

Well, I'll be selfish and start with my favorites (Moon and Turbeville) because, apparently, and this I learned a couple months ago digging up for hours for one picture justaguy posted years ago, once it's gone from here, it's gone for good.. we have material that you may still find somewhere else but either with no information or just the information but not the actual picture!. :wacko:

Double Takes
Photo Bill King
Models Frédérique van der Wal, Cindy Crawford
Hair Bruno Weppe
Makeup Marc Schaeffer

vogue archive

Escada S/S 1987
Photo Unknown
Models Joanne Russell, Charlotte Morgan

vogue archive

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics