US Vogue March 15, 1966 : Barbra Streisand by Richard Avedon

Life Magazine also did a profile of Barbra in her first (?) Paris Couture shows. Basically, Diana Vreeland became her fairy godmother

^^^ I suppose every new generation of Picassos have become less and less talented...???

Amazing.

And that’s the standard of which Vogue will forever be defined by. Almost every single shot stands on its own, and is a story on its own. And as a whole, there’s such a confident, cohesive and consistent tone. Simply amazing. This standard isn’t even understood, let alone displayed not just in Vogue, but in any semblance of presentation in the industry in 2021. This is how dumbed down the current era is. And some actually believe Vogue has “progressed” creatively LOOOL

I do believe Vogue has progressed into more contemporary version of these Vreeland era editorials. Not Vogue US tho! Vogue China, Czech, and Taiwan for example have fabulous covers! IMO, Anna should step down as EIC if she'll only be featuring artists with upcoming films as editorial subjects. This is not a gossip magazine or a vehicle for publicity.

I do believe Vogue has progressed into more contemporary version of these Vreeland era editorials. Not Vogue US tho! Vogue China, Czech, and Taiwan for example have fabulous covers! IMO, Anna should step down as EIC if she'll only be featuring artists with upcoming films as editorial subjects. This is not a gossip magazine or a vehicle for publicity.
I miss how Anna did glamour even with singers and actress’s in every Vogue issues.

Fashions In Living | House of the Happy Spirit: the Thai House of an American, James H.w. Thompson, in Bangkok
Photo Henry Clarke
Subject James H.W. Thompson

vogue archive

Celanese
Benedetta Barzini
4 (28).jpeg

Ship'n Shore
Veronica Hamel, Tamara Nyman, Unknown
28 (37).jpeg

Bloomingdale's
Veronica Hamel
49 (46).jpeg