US Vogue October 15th, 1966 : Jean Shrimpton by Richard Avedon

iluvjeisa

clever ain't wise
Reaction score
This magazine shows the other side of the 60s....compared to the 1967 issue with Twiggy. That issue was romantic, whereas this is hedonistic heathen Verushka's issue. Just all hail Diana Vreeland....obviously....

Attachments

• american_vogue_october_15_1966__jean_shrimpton__richard_avedon__COVERsm.jpg
    american_vogue_october_15_1966__jean_shrimpton__richard_avedon__COVERsm.jpg
    400 KB · Views: 44
A few ads - Lauren Hutton :heart:

Attachments

• american_vogue_october_15_1966__lauren_hutton__cocteausm.jpg
    american_vogue_october_15_1966__lauren_hutton__cocteausm.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 49
  • american_vogue_october_15_1966__unk__cotysm.jpg
    american_vogue_october_15_1966__unk__cotysm.jpg
    419.5 KB · Views: 30
This magazine shows the other side of the 60s....compared to the 1967 issue with Twiggy. That issue was romantic, whereas this is hedonistic heathen Verushka's issue. Just all hail Diana Vreeland....obviously....

OMG, F-A-S-C-I-N-A-T-I-N-G :woot: IMO Avedon is the greatest fashion photographer

I wonder why he stopped to do outdoor editorials, they were so beautiful :heart:

thanks Iluvjeisa :flower:

OMG,the last two....treasures.

Yeah....makes you wonder if this is the way people will look at the 2008 issues of American Vogue. Treasures....or not? Few of the mags from the 60s and 70s seem like pure trash....is it the time or is it something else....will the current mags age well?

Nudity in Vogue! Something that many would consider extraordinary today actually took place in the 60s. I agree that this issue has aged well and wonder if the same will happen to the Vogues of today? What will people 20 years from now will think of the endless Jennifers, Nicoles, Keiras, Siennas to name but a few? What will modern day editorials look like to them and also to us, who every month so infuriatingly discuss every little detail of US Vogue?

Veruschka/Avedon/Vreeland ed is extraordinary. Subtle but stunning. Thanks iluvjeisa <3

^Truly stunning editorial, i cant thank you enough for scanning Iluvjeisa. :flower:

That ed is simply amazing.

OH MY!! fantastic photoshoot!! thanx a lot.
im really enjoying these old mags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silvercat90
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->