vacations style.. ss05

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
few days before i leave for vacations and i thought of starting up this vacationstyle thread so we get global responses from those lucky enough to be spending vacations away from the city :blush:

here, pics i took from friends vacationing in the greek island of Amorgos ..erhmm.. two summers ago

promising new styles around the 15th of August B)

This is me - with my fashionable scooter helmet (which I DIDN'T wear - because I wanted to be cool ^_^ ) on Santorini island. B)

Hi, cute pics!

Hey, fezbatik, it says you're from Toronto and I'm going on vacation over there next week. Could you give me some information about what I should take? Like, how dressed up do people usually get, and how cold/hot is it this time of year. Thanks.

Ohhh, Santorini, Greece. Hey "two months off": It's hot in Greece right now. About 37-40C (90-100F), but no humidity in the island of Crete. I've never been to Santorini but I know that in Crete they get dressed up in heels/cute flats and dresses (not church dresses but cute summer ones). I'm sure fezbatik could give you more info about that particular island. :smile: Have fun in Greece. You'll love it!

hi niki : ) actually, I'm going to Toronto, not Greece. I've always wanted to go to Greece though, it looks so beautiful and fun. Thanks for the info, anyway.

fez, nice picture.. longing for island vacations here..

I'm going to Paros Island this year. Can't wait.... B) Does anyone know the dress code of the island????? What I mean is, do you need to dress up to go out?

melt, been to Paros like every second weekend this spring..

you dont need anything 'special' when going out at night, sometimes we party with swimwear, straight from the beach to the bar scene ...
the atmosphere in this island is not that totally 'socialite' scene as in Myconos so you can be relaxed and just have a wild time, as far as dress code, everything goes, from glam to boho and peasant.. whatever makes you feel nice, can work for you, including wild looks , its a very cosmopolitan little island with great beaches (try Chrisi Akti beach, great music , great mohitos)

you wont have great fun wearing high heels in the island stone paved 'streets', so bring some flats with you
have a great time in Paros, please get some vacationstyle pics to post on return :flower:

Thanks Lena!!!!! :flower:

I'll try to post some pics when I get back (although taking pics is not my strong point :blush: )...

What do you think of Antiparos....?

Can I PM you Lena??? :flower:

I'd like some nightlife tips from those in the know.... ^_^

not to keen on nightlife in Paros to be honest, i prefer to stay at home and have private parties.. Antiparos sounds very cool and more towards the rave scene but i've never been there myself, Tom Hanks has a house there in case you are interested :D

feel free to PM me :wink:

Thanks Lena :smile: - I too am longing for an island vacation...

...soon, soon.

where are you off to this summer fezbatik?

girls, I'm from Greece and I've been to many islands, I had great time!!Well, there's no particular dress code in greek islands.Be simple, be yourself,and don't make-up too much, it's so hot in august that your make-up will just melt.I usually take with me sun dresses, shorts, mini skirts etc.And of course I don't forget my bikini!!

Lena - my apologies for not responding sooner. I just returned from Amsterdam visiting a girlfriend. Was only there for 5 days - hung out in Haarlem - hit the beach...mmm, I love that city. That will be all for my summer - but I may go visit the same friend when she moves to Berlin this fall. Greece will be in the cards probably close to the end of next year again ... Hoping you have been having a nice summer island hopping :kiss:

ohhh I will post some pictures after my vacation next month! I'm hitting Utah, Colorado, Oregon and finally Long Beach, California.. We'll see if there's anything interesting^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vikutea
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->