Valentino Resort 2013

im delighted to see those drops of colours and I think this is something new about their Valentino collections

I really like the black(/white) part of the collection, then some pastel looks, but on the other hand - what's up with that leopard, especially in pink? It's horrible.

Is the brand really doing that well sales-wise for them to put up with this duo? I mean, it's the same five/eight looks each season with slight variation. Lace. Lace in red. Lace in tan. Lace with colorful decorations. Ruffles. Ruffles on skirts. Ruffles on sleeves. Large ruffles. You get the point. Ugh. So tiresome.

I like it. Some stuff is "yawn" or "meh" but some stuff is promising and new-looking. I think that's progress. ^_^

NEW YORK, June 11, 2012
By Nicole Phelps

Andy Warhol's portrait paintings line Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli's mood board for Resort. The artist's neon pinks, sky blues, and electric oranges all came together on their show-opening long tulle dress appliquéd with lace flowers, while its silhouette—the high neck, the long sleeves, the full skirt—could've belonged to one of his sitters. Nan Kempner, maybe, or Marisa Berenson.

The designers see both the Pop colors and the sixties shapes as antidotes of sorts to our current hard times. The clothes are surely uplifting, not only because they've been constructed to be almost weightless, but also because MG and PP are so focused on their clients' pleasure. The single pantsuit in the collection came in a leopard print, and exquisite guipure lace meant there was little that was workaday about their button-down blouses. Where these clothes will be getting a workout is on the party circuit. One of the first to hit the red carpet will be the black tulle gown with the leather bodice. Warhol, we've no doubt, would've loved it.

style

This is not Valentino at all. It's so..."beige"; nothing stands out. :doh:

Valentino was all about being glamorous and sexy while still maintaining a feminine and sophisticated balance. None of these words could be used to describe this cutesy collection. :huh:

And, I wonder how many times they'll continue to use the same techniques on every collection they do...:rolleyes:

Even though it is the same look season after season I still love it, everything minus those two pieces that are made with the pink animal print

oh, lace and ruffles. groundbreaking.

those animal print pieces remind me of Valli... for Macy's.

the only piece i like is the final look made of black lace and leather. mostly cause it also to sounds naughty.

This looks like Valentino for Hello Kitty.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:OMG, i liked this apart from the animal print and stripes. I agree with Thefrenchy they need to step out of their comfort zone. They can experiment more than most designers who have been at fashion houses for over 10 years but they don't because this is selling for them and money comes first.

I'm usually very hard on them but this might be one of their best collection to date, at leats for me. They absolutely nailed the use of color, most of the dresses are very beautiful and the daywear is very atttractive. If were a girl I'd totally see myself in many of these looks. It's young, extremely chic without being too nice or average. Different propotions in terms of shapes, colors and fabrics. There's some ****ed up pieces but it's a very promissing collection for the future. Fingers crossed!

Soft, delicate, crisp, delightful colours, pleasing for the eyes, redundant shapes, but you can't resist to love it.

I admit that their designs are nice and get lots of exposure (many celebrities wear Valentino nowadays), but could they come up with something new? It's always the same. I can't tell which outfit is from which season now.

The Lily Pulitzer color-wheel pieces are so terrible :sick: The only piece I like is the red lace strapless number. Such a schizo collection, they tried to do way too much here.

Please Valentino, continue to do pieces like this!

I am stunned by the use of color, it just works SO well with the collection like this, stay as you are Valentino because you are doing such a good job at what it is you're doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucilam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->