Valentino: The Last Emperor

i just saw it in london. its only showed here for one day. i loved the film. its so moving. i think the movie is a love story about Valention and Giancarlo. they are two grown-up men who love, trust and reply on each other but sometimes they do fight like kids. i remember in one sence during an argument Giancarlo said to Valention ' your belly is coming out.' V was like 'no i dont have a belly. im not fat. look at your three layers'. and yes i felt really sad in the end of the movie. its almost like Valention was forced to retire.

It will never ever come out in Lithuania, so I hope I can download it...

one day? :doh: was this at the Curzon cinemas? :unsure:

i just saw it in london. its only showed here for one day. i loved the film. its so moving. i think the movie is a love story about Valention and Giancarlo. they are two grown-up men who love, trust and reply on each other but sometimes they do fight like kids. i remember in one sence during an argument Giancarlo said to Valention ' your belly is coming out.' V was like 'no i dont have a belly. im not fat. look at your three layers'. and yes i felt really sad in the end of the movie. its almost like Valention was forced to retire.

I saw it in theatres in San Francisco a few nights ago. It was quite lovely actually. The clothing, models, and Valentino himself were outstanding. ^_^

I cant wait to see this, i heard there are some calssic moments in it. :lol:

I'd love to see it!
Does anyone know where I can see it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw it last night. Just... the whole process of haute couture, the beauty, his humor - there was just a magical essence to it, for me, but in general, I think, espicially in the end with the floating long dresses in the sky and the movements. One word, beautiful. And of course, my favorite moment was with Lagerfield - and it was true. A film about fashion that is true- is well, rare.

I'm going to look for it. If i find the video i'll let you know. Oh, and if someone has already find it...please share! lol

I'm grabbing it off of p2p because it's not on usenet. I'd probably not post it since it'd be a major pain the *** the cut it in to 10 minute segments for youtube (not really, but I'm lazy). It won't be done for a day though, however, even though I have FIOS, so, we'll see. I can't wait to see it.

I still could not see it, and it is playing at some theater 5 blocks from where I live! I am so sick of myself sometimes.

I still could not see it, and it is playing at some theater 5 blocks from where I live! I am so sick of myself sometimes.

Oh come on, here in Los Angeles it takes us a 40 minute drive to see a decent film. You have no excuse.

Oh come on, here in Los Angeles it takes us a 40 minute drive to see a decent film. You have no excuse.

I know: kill me now. :cry: ...but tonight is the night... I promise... hopefully... maybe...:innocent: uhhhh, I hate me.

Plus, it is perhaps the only flick I want to see right now; it is not like there are a huge number of movies I have to see, and cannot find time for this particular one. It is so lame. :doh: I do not think it will be as great as Lagerfeld Confidentiel, but still, I love to see designers interact with each other, and this one promises Tom, Donatella, Karl, Giorgio as well as the great Valentino.

I have to see this tonight. Then I can some here and b*tch about it all night.

Here in México people is so boring and non chic xD that I doubt we get the movie here... I'll have to wait until it's on the internet xD but however I'm planning to buy it when it's released for sale.

Finally saw it, and.... IT IS THE GREATEST THING I HAVE WATCHED THIS YEAR!!!!!!! So worth the money, time, and searching for this movie. I loved every single second of it, and i have a new gained respect for Valentino and his creations now. Before, I just thought that he made fluffy pieces with bows, ruffles and dated things that were not really worthy of our attention right now. But now I see his true place in fashion. He was the greatest person at what he was precisely doing. And that is not something small.

FANTASTIC, FANTASTIC, FANTASTIC, FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!! Just watch it: you'll see what I am talking about.

^ It is bound to leak online - I mean someone will have to upload it sometime or later.

Hey guys I have a question about the movie. I am not that hopeful that I will get an answer, because it is a very particular and peculiar question about the soundtrack of the movie, but here it goes:

Does anyone know the bold and aggressive orchestral piece that is playing in the beginning of the clip from the movie attached below -used as the soundtrack for the HC runway show? Here is the link of the particular video (thank God I could find the clip with the exact musical score attached online:(

http://www.fashionologie.com/2942162

A friend of mine wants to use this music sample for a video installation project after seeing the movie, and I was wondering if anyone would know what the name may be, or if it is indeed a famous piece by a composer or something.

Thanks for all the help. Cheers!

^^Umm...funny you ask that, because I'm desperately searching for the trumpet fanfare that opens the Couture collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
... well then hopefully we'll find an answer; for both of us. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ktlb123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->