Vionnet_009_1366.450x675.JPG

Vionnet_010_1366.450x675.JPG

Vionnet_011_1366.450x675.JPG

Vionnet_012_1366.450x675.JPG

Vionnet_013_1366.450x675.JPG

Vionnet_014_1366.450x675.JPG

*all images from style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
For some odd reason this gem of a collection has yet to be posted. (I CAN'T be the only one that loves Vionnet).

I adore just about everything about this collection, the styling, the shoes (my, oh, my those shoes are riveting), the colors, everything! Bravo Goga Ashkenazi!!

not exactly the most cohesive collection but certainly is easily excused for that it has so many wonderful ideas and attributes. let me start first with the most delectable pleating i've seen since bruno pieters….as well the circle skirt-shapes are divine…..the work with volume is beautifully executed for a house with a history for such exquisite mastery in that realm. i'm not easily impressed by much these days but i have to applaud this. hopefully he can manage his ideas better and present a better flowing collection next season.

It's better than I expected some pieces look fussy and too much technique to be involved but some are refined and modern.

not exactly the most cohesive collection but certainly is easily excused for that it has so many wonderful ideas and attributes. let me start first with the most delectable pleating i've seen since bruno pieters….as well the circle skirt-shapes are divine…..the work with volume is beautifully executed for a house with a history for such exquisite mastery in that realm. i'm not easily impressed by much these days but i have to applaud this. hopefully he can manage his ideas better and present a better flowing collection next season.

It's better than I expected some pieces look fussy and too much technique to be involved but some are refined and modern.

I agree with you both, there are spots that could stand refinement and there could be more editing. I think all in all it is a good collection. The pleating, that pink, the primitive prints, etc. Again, I wonder why it seems this house gets little love here.

There are some bizarre proportions happening throughout the collection, but all in all I really like what's happening. The pleating (like previously pointed out) s stellar and I also find a lot of the draped pieces to be very romantic and lux. Very impressive.

honestly i wouldn't say there was a lack of attention or interest in the house i really believe it's because of the ever-changing revolving doors vionnet has been put through over the last few years. i mean this is what the 7th designer at the helm since they revived the house just in 2008? personally,i loved the fact that they were reviving vionnet and had high hopes way back when kokosalaki was designing the first season but the management has been extremely messy and confusing…not a lot of commitment in who they've hired.

but maybe now there were will be more focus,commitment and with that new interest especially now with chalayan at the helm of their new demi-couture endeavour.

honestly i wouldn't say there was a lack of attention or interest in the house i really believe it's because of the ever-changing revolving doors vionnet has been put through over the last few years. i mean this is what the 7th designer at the helm since they revived the house just in 2008? personally,i loved the fact that they were reviving vionnet and had high hopes way back when kokosalaki was designing the first season but the management has been extremely messy and confusing…not a lot of commitment in who they've hired.

but maybe now there were will be more focus,commitment and with that new interest especially now with chalayan at the helm of their new demi-couture endeavour.

Maybe so, but it did seem really odd that no one hardly speaks about the house around here. Hmph, maybe I'm just being sensitive, but I'm fond of Vionnet. As far as the revolving door on the design studio, I couldn't agree more. Now that Goga Ashkenazi has taken over I hope the house will shine like the diamond I know it is.

I almost died when I found out Chalayan is taking over the demi-couture line, especially because I love the entire concept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaywootoo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->