Vivienne Westwood Gold Label AW 11/12 : Ajuma, Elsie & Sonietta by Juergen Teller

Urban Stylin

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ
Reaction score
westwood_23_rgb.jpg

.hautefashionafrica.com
Dame Vivienne Westwood shot the campaign for her Vivienne Westwood Gold Label Autumn/Winter 2011/12 collection in Kenya. It was shot by renowned fashion photographer, Juergen Teller. The campaign highlights Vivienne’s recent work with the Ethical Fashion Programme in Kenya that aimed at empowering people in the rural areas and improving livelihoods. The campaign features African models Ajuma Nasenyana, Sonnietta Thomas, and Elsie Njeri

thanks for posting these...
it's so rare that westwood advertises in the states so the only way to see the ads from this side of the pond is online...

i have to say that i think the images only really work when viv is in them...
she is always the best model for her own designs...
they just look so effortless on her and she looks so comfortable in them...
even though they are so unusual...
it just works because she owns it...

:king:

I love the shot with Vivienne posing with all the bags, almost as if she is selling hand-crafted goods on the side of the street. Loving this, the madness of the Westwood label lives on! :smile:

Love her! I really like this campaign, the concept isn't new but this feels fresh and the shots have so much energy.

Those are just fantastic. The shots of Vivienne selling her bags and Ajuma in the lace dress are marvellous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcad1947
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->