Vivienne Westwood F/W 2016.17 by Juergen Teller

gbam

Reaction score
‘East Meets West’- the campaign encapsulates a spiritual look- we’re calling it ‘Buddhist Unisex’

The inspiration for the campaign was completely guided by our Paris show collection. We started looking at lots of spiritual places- including temples and one of the locations had this beautiful middle-eastern rug on the floor which gave me the idea. The location was the perfect backdrop on every level. The colours, the theme, this feeling of exotic luxury in a London warehouse. We cast it very carefully- we wanted boys and girls with a certain spirt and fun. We wanted to create a multi-cultural vision- we hope that comes across.

-Andreas Kronthaler

more photos on www.viviennewestwood.com

Photographer: Juergen Teller
Creative Direction: Vivienne Westwood, Andreas Kronthaler and Juergen Teller
Stylist: Sabina Schreder
Hair Stylist: Eugene Souleiman @ Streeters
Makeup: Petros Petrohilos @ Streeters
Female Models: Tiffany Johnson @ PRM, Annabell Hafner @ Elite London, Tamy Glauser @ Next Models, Linda Byrne
Male Models: Henry @ Tomorrow Is Another Day, Francesco @ Named
Production: Vivienne Westwood and Mascioni Associati International

thefashionisto.com, tomorrowisanotherday.de, viviennewestwood.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Ol’ Viv— much like Madonna, can be so embarrassing nowadays (yes yes I know, it’s really Andreas helming this and not Viv, but it’s her name, so she gets the blame.)

I usually wouldn’t whale on designers for their lack of cultural-sensitivity, but this one is just too clueless to ignore: For a campaign called “Buddhist Unisex” and for “We wanted to create a multicultural vision— we hope that comes across”…. Not a single Asian nor East Indian model in the bunch LOL

Thanks gbam.

I usually wouldn’t whale on designers for their lack of cultural-sensitivity, but this one is just too clueless to ignore: For a campaign called “Buddhist Unisex” and for “We wanted to create a multicultural vision— we hope that comes across”…. Not a single Asian nor East Indian model in the bunch LOL.

Turncoat! I thought you're against the concept of enforced diversity? I know it's ridiculous, but somehow I feel that Viv is entitled to more creative liberty because her ideas are almost always very heartfelt.
The actual shots are of course very abstract as expected, but I don't feel like there's anything new to see here. Very weary of this brand of crusading, and at face value, Teller's daylight shots for this brand.

^^^ I do feel bad for picking on ol' Viv-- not cos of the reasons you've stated, however. She's always rambling on about some intellectual, scholarly concept (and it appear that Andreas is taking over for her in the rambling now...) but the collections are anything but that nowadays. And when you ramble on about "East meets West", "Budhhist Unisex", "multiculture this and that..." etc, and present a campaign with a group of models, and not one is Asian or East Indian-- you know, the "East" you're referencing where Buddhism originated, the flop is too good not to point out LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stranger1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->