Vogue Australia July 2013 : Kate Moss by Patrick Demarchelier

Gemma wasn't going to turn up on these issues. They were quoted a month or so ago to say yes, they are in negotiations with her and hope to shoot something soon with her. If she does turn up it's unlikely to be on an issue before October I'd imagine.

Yep - here's the original quote, posted by AL92 (thank you for keeping the interest in the Australian fahsion industry alive :D:(
"We have been in discussions with Gemma for a long time and when she is ready to do a cover shoot we will be doing it, absolutely," Vogue editor Edwina McCann told AAA Weekend.

"It is completely up to her and it is her timing. I hope it is sooner rather than later."

So it's not Vogue Aust who are backing away from Gemma Ward - it's Gemma herself.

Last edited by a moderator:
(thank you for keeping the interest in the Australian fahsion industry alive :D:(

You're welcome! :flower:

I have faith that Vogue Aus and Edwina will be successful with their discussions with Gemma.

i used to hate this magazine for all of it's reprints and then they stopped doing it and it as great. now why are they starting again.

i used to hate this magazine for all of it's reprints and then they stopped doing it and it as great. now why are they starting again.

For the past 3 years, they've only done it once a year. They have always been for the 'unimportant' issues i.e. Feb or June/July and as I said before, many Vogue editions don't operate directly under Conde Nast but rather through license = they've got to be cost effective, budgets can be tight.

I don't mind this reprint. It's a beautiful image. I would've been more annoyed if they used the exact picture British Vogue chose for their June issue.

Kate is Kate, why made she looks like Bridget Bardot?:doh:

Gemma wasn't going to turn up on these issues. They were quoted a month or so ago to say yes, they are in negotiations with her and hope to shoot something soon with her. If she does turn up it's unlikely to be on an issue before October I'd imagine.
Oh, that's my mistake. I thought with her switching to IMG and all this fuss about the series that she might show up on one of the covers. Though honestly I don't have much faith that she'll show up at all.

Typically I don't care one way or another if a magazine does a reprint as long as it looks appropriate for a cover (Vogue Portugal has a problem with this, I find). It wouldn't thrill me to complete that box-set with this. I thought VA were pulling out all the stops for the series, at least for their cover stories. This just seems like an anticlimactic end. And kind of lazy.

Bit disappointed that it's a reprint but oh well, Kate's ed had many cover worthy images so I guess it isn't really a surprise!

Wasn't there a seemingly post-shooting candid photo of Kate with David Bailey posted weeks ago? Hope that was indeed the shooting, and the stuff is being kept for the upcoming issues (I doubt that though).

Nice cover btw. The UK Vogue ed deserves a reprint.

I wonder what they were shooting Kate for then? It was supposed to be the September Issue but it seems odd that she would have two covers 2 months apart.

I wonder what they were shooting Kate for then? It was supposed to be the September Issue but it seems odd that she would have two covers 2 months apart.

I doubt it'll be Kate then. I did post a preview picture in the cover rumour thread.

As soon as I saw this particular image of Kate Moss inside British Vogue, I knew it would make a wonderful cover. Although when I saw the thread title, I did expect to see a new shoot with Kate, for some reason. It all made sense when the Demarchelier shoot loaded, though.

7c9q.jpg

source: my snap​

OMG very beautiful cover, I hope to find this magazine for my own collection ... crossing fingers ^_^

Vogue Australia June 2013 review:
176 pages
The Age issue.

Going to Great New Lengths
Take cover: there's a cool change sweeping in on the fashion front, and as the mercury drops so does the hemlines.
M. Ashleigh Good/RPD Models
Ph. Nicole Bentley
F'Ed. Jillian Davison
Hair. Sophie Roberts
Make-up. Kellie Stratton
12 pages
(Shot in an open natural vista offset with a modern building, Ashleigh looks fantastic - probably one of my favourite editorial of hers. Simple and clean, it features some fantastic Winter pieces. Jillian is a great stylist. )

Amazing Grace
Photographer Ari Seth Cohen shoots some of America's most stylish older women for his famed blog Advanced Style. For this issue, we asked Cohen to shoot some of his favourite ladies in their seasonal picks, matched with their own pieces.
M. Linda Rodin, Joyce Carpati, Carmen De Lavallade, Beatrix Ost, Jenny Hirschowitz & Tziporah Salamon
Ph. Ari Seth Cohen
6 pages
(Absolutely fantastic pictorial featuring beautiful, glamorous older women. It's quirky, kitsch and whimsical. A real highlight. )

Kate Moss Vogue UK editorial reprint

Notable Articles:
The Countess
The highs and lows of Perth born Louisa Heenan's marriage to the Earl of Warwick.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicholesardina711
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->