Vogue China November 2020 : Liu Wen by Six Different Photographers

my favourites are Emma and Carin
:ninja::ninja::ninja:

I’m a sucker for curly hair so probably that’s why, and Liu looks so effortlessly cool and chic! Mica could never...

I also like a lot the cover by Fumiko just not madly in love with the placement of the model.

Was initially waiting for a modeldom cover for September knowing it’s their 15th anniversary (back to basic or nostalgic on my part). Would’ve been another opportunity for other Chinese models to grace the magazine. Still a fervent proponent for models on covers especially for rising new faces.

Well, the February issue did dedicate and fulfill a MG models cover (just wanted more).

If I could, I’d include the names below, 5 notable models from each era, of the past 15 years, onto a mega foldout cover or set of multiple covers. Any of these 30 models could be interchangeable, I guess.

Du Juan
Emma Pei
Liu Wen
Fei Fei Sun
Xiao Wen Ju
(Shu Pei, Ming Xi, Sui He, Tian Yi, Cici Xiang)

Lina Zhang
Estelle Chen
He Cong
Chu Wong
Chunjie Liu
(Jing Wen, Dylan Xue, Luping Wong, Wangy Xinyu, Sijia Kang)

Shuping Li
Bing Bing Liu
Qun Ye
Tinglei Liu
Maggie Cheng
(Jiali Zhao, Tang He, Pan Haowen, Chun Jin, Ning Jinyi)

Is this a dedicated issue or just multiple covers?

It’s indeed a dedicated issue to Liu Wen for her 15 years career. Or at least partly. It’s also VC’s 15th anniversary. She has 36 pages all to herself.

Didn’t predict a LW cover coming our way to end 2020, and after past favorites like Zhang Ziyi and Shu Qi. Not gonna lie though, they did something special here for LW.

Bge3Wnk.gif

instagram/valentina1121li

“Every Me is My Dear Me”

In this issue, we have completed six sets of ideas with an all-female team of six photographers and artists to explore the different aspects of Liu Wen as a modern woman. She is modern, confident, quiet and introverted, or full of fun, naughty and agile. Liu Wen interprets six levels of female power with different emotions. What kind of state do you like best about her? What is the style of your "big cousin” Liu Wen, in your impression?

3bvO1bP.gif

+ from Angelica Cheung:

The cover of Liu Wen in my mind captures one delicate and elegant (Summerton), one happy sunshine (Backoff)... What do you think?

Liu Wen is an old friend of our Vogue China team. She has been photographed many times. If we cooperate again, we all hope to make something new. This year marks the 15th anniversary of the publication of our magazine. It also happens to be 15 years since Liu Wen's debut. In addition, in recent years, there have been a lot of discussions about the self and social roles of modern women, so we decided to try to explore the different aspects of Liu Wen as a modern woman. When I started to think about Liu Wen who was multi-faceted, I found that although Liu Wen has a lot of collaborations, Liu Wen also has a variety of fashion images in front of the camera, but I contacted her more in the workplace, perhaps because of my editor-in-chief status, as a junior, she is always polite and generous, speaks appropriately, and smiles very happily, but she rarely sees other aspects of her personality. Therefore, I decided to invite different female creators to discover different Liu Wen from the perspective of different observers.

This time, the six photographers and artists are an all-female creative team. It took four days to create six sets of Liu Wen's covers. Australian photographer Emma Summerton saw a modern, confident, and cool Liu Wen; Japanese photographer Fumiko Imano said that Liu Wen was quiet and introverted when looking at photos before, but this time through remote shooting, she found that she is a very fun and loving person. The final work presents an interesting Liu Wen. In the eyes of American photographer Carin Backoff, Liu Wen is a girl full of energy, beauty, magic, naughty, and elf-like; while the black and white images of Chinese photographer Wang Ziqian show the story-telling Liu Wen in the old house in Shanghai; the painter Xie Qi discovered a poetic Liu Wen, she was surprised "the gentle and pure in her eyes, like a young girl, facing a fresh world, there is a slight surprised. The freshness of her body and face is particularly infecting.” CG artist Zhang Wenxin constructed a sci-fi scene, allowing Liu Wen to connect with different dimensions and time, space, and energy in the fusion of reality and virtuality.

Regarding the creation of this all-female team, Liu Wen has this feeling: "Whether from the perspective of the exploration, the use of color, or the understanding of fashion, women have their own intuition and perceptions for the exploration of beauty; as a woman, I may be able to understand the creator’s ideas better and have a sense of empathy. In fact, this feeling is also a perception and deepening of oneself. In today’s world, men and women have their own social missions, but our generation of women is more willing and better at to express one's own worldview, this shooting is actually a very good interpretation."

The four-day shooting was complicated, full of challenges and endless surprises. The 36 pages presents the rich and diverse personality of a modern girl, and makes me more interested in understanding Liu Wen's inner world. In fact, each of us should take time out of our busy work to explore our own hearts. As long as we open our minds, embrace various opportunities, and communicate and collide with others, we will have unlimited possibilities. As long as you are willing, life can have different interpretations and different beauty.

mQJ8Ih7.gif

via douyin/voguechina

Anyone knows where I can get it online in Europe for a reasonable price?
Found it on Ebay but it's selling for more than 40$ with shipping...

Such a fantastic set of covers to celebrate her long-lasting career. Liu is a great model and she's one of the nicest models I've met during FW. I love her. All covers look good to be honest. I have a preference for Ziqian Wang, Wenxin Zhang and Carine Backoff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenn888
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->