Vogue China October 2023 : Zhang Zifeng by Annie Lai

Chinese creatives put their western counterparts to shame when it comes to technical side but despite the great production, it's soulless. Just another set of really well shot, pretty images with absolutely no lasting impression. The eds feel more like instagram feeds or pinterest boards.

This actress would never be accepted by previous editor in chief of Vogue China as she is not reaching the bar AT ALL.

Can you imagine like a f*cking nobody lands on Vogue US? That is what happens at Vogue China today.

And the quality itself is not flattering at all, so instagram-ish

Chinese creatives put their western counterparts to shame when it comes to technical side but despite the great production, it's soulless. Just another set of really well shot, pretty images with absolutely no lasting impression. The eds feel more like instagram feeds or pinterest boards.

Honestly cannot agree more!

What even is this magazine about now anyway? Angelica’s Vogue China had an identity. It appealed to the rising middle class working women in urban China. When I was a kid growing up in Shanghai, I would flip through this magazine and associated the images with the adult women I saw in the real life. Even if it was a petite bourgeoisie cliche, it was somehow inspiring in its own way. And the quality of the articles were always good.

AND THIS looks like what VISION (a Chinese avant-garde fashion/art magazine) was doing 15 years ago. Borinnnng bye

Last edited:
Honestly cannot agree more!

What even is this magazine about now anyway? Angelica’s Vogue China had an identity. It appealed to the rising middle class working women in urban China. When I was a kid growing up in Shanghai, I would flip through this magazine and associated the images with the adult women I saw in the real life. Even if it was a petite bourgeoisie cliche, it was somehow inspiring in its own way. And the quality of the articles were always good.

AND THIS looks like what VISION (a Chinese avant-garde fashion/art magazine) was doing 15 years ago. Borinnnng bye

OMG, I used to love VISION so so much, but they are gone right?

How beautiful! Thank you for posting @
Got my copy yesterday. It's a beautiful issue with 224 pages! It's a Manic Pixie Dream Girl Fall and Mythos are solid editorials aside from the cover story.

View attachment 1236640
Thank you for posting! I'm trying to find the issue but I'm in France. I need an editorial that is in this issue. It's a blonde model impersonating a Harry Potter character. If you can share it or let me know where to find it I will be super thankful!

How beautiful! Thank you for posting @

Thank you for posting! I'm trying to find the issue but I'm in France. I need an editorial that is in this issue. It's a blonde model impersonating a Harry Potter character. If you can share it or let me know where to find it I will be super thankful!
IMG_20231007_150423_copy_1312x1312.jpgIMG_20231007_150358_copy_1152x1152.jpgIMG_20231007_150348_copy_1032x1032.jpgIMG_20231007_150335_copy_1168x1168.jpg

Apologies for the late response. I think you're referring to the model who looks like Draco Malfoy, but in case I was wrong, I also included scans from an editorial that also features a blonde model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->