• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vogue Italia May 2014: Lexi Boling by Steven Meisel

"Traveling Alone," in post 9 is Julia Stegner.

It's a reprint from March 2009.

Thanks so much, Zorka!
is this a supplement to the new VI issue? shouldn´t be posted on the same thread?

Vogue Accessory (by Vogue Italia) May 2014

Vogue Accessory 05/2014 Digital Edition

GREETINGS FROM…
Photographers: Catherine Losing, Elena Rendina & Benjamin Bouchet
Stylists: Fabio Messana & Rossana Mazza
Hair: Alessandro Squarza, Daniela Magginetti & Marco Minunno
Make-up: Alessandra Angeli & Michiko Ikeda
Models: ?

WORLD WIDE VIEW
Photographer: Rosi Di Stefano
Stylist: Elisa Zaccanti
Hair: Marco Minunno
Make-up: Cosetta Giorgetti

^ this editorial is actually great

i can't decide whether to buy this or not...the cover is really the only part enticing me in

good grief. this supplement has disaster written all over it. these last two posts are hurting my eyes. even teenVOGUE would've handled this types of still-life based fashion shoots with more wit and design savvy. while the ideas are there, the execution is woefully amatuer :doh:

however, that cover is phenomenal! i haven't dropped the $20 for VOGUE IT in years but this is cover alone is worth it.

adore the retro vibe without being costumey and the text placement is simple yet effective. love how Lexi's side-swept bangs are beautifully balanced out by that uber simple Futura-laid out in that staircase justication.

and while the color palette isn't one i'd normally be drawn to, the colors on the cover work really well together. that oxblood gives it some much needed intenisty to offset the other-wise somber color palette.

really impressed by Lexi's transformation. never would've seen her potential as a Francoise Hardy doppleganger.

hmm not too sure about this clear PVC thing coming back around since it's last re-incarnation in the 90s. but let's brace ourselves :lol:

I love Lexi's editorial, and also Natalie's and Nastya's. The rest is just sooo cheap, especially the supplements.
Von Unwerth's and Aldrigde's work just looks cheap.

More A-list models and photographers please.

WORLD WIDE VIEW
Photographer: Rosi Di Stefano
Stylist: Elisa Zaccanti
Hair: Marco Minunno
Make-up: Cosetta Giorgetti

This Asian Model is Liao Shi Yu.

Source: hfgl.proboards.com

Vogue Italia #765
Voilà
Photographer: Steven Meisel
Stylist: Karl Templer
Production: PRODn at Art + Commerce
Model: Lexi Boling
Make-Up: Pat McGrath
Hair: Guido
Manicure: Jin Soon Choi

Source: lookbooks.com/Streeters

Last edited by a moderator:
10 years later and still a fan of this cover. Shared today on social media. Simple and beautiful after two polemic ones. It's crazy to think the last VI covers by Meisel became classics as the ones behind. A decade! Time run so fast. Reminds me of the anxiety to see the next cover month after month. That is so over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jk1988
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->