Vogue Paris December 2020/January 2021 : Léa Seydoux by Three Different Photographers

Perhaps there's better content left to be seen, but from this, it seems the magic of Vogue Paris has gone elsewhere for Christmas, and we're left with UK Marie Claire-level content to tide us over until the next issue.

This magazine has produced far better content throughout the year, operating under far worse conditions, I don't know why it's suddenly gone to shít.

If I happen to be sent the third cover, it'll be going into the bin after I read it, and that would normally be sacrilege when it comes to Vogue Paris.

Can’t help but think that Scarlett Johansson makes a far superior Monroe after seeing Lea’s Monroe inspired ed.

When Barbieri does not care, it gives such a boring editorial. Luxurious yes but so...flat. MAS is only capable to do wonders when Meisel is involved because he does not tolerate mediocrity unlike McDean.

The Marilyn Monroe realness has to be forbidden in 2020.

That MAS edit is pure trash, I can almost smell those vulgar clothes. Léa is already gorgeous, no need to put her in costume...the pictures should reveal the subject not conceal it. She also looks awful as a brunette.

The Marylin edit is okay but I prefer when Edie Campbell was shot like that by Sims, she really sold that very tired concept. Alt's edit is nothing short of pretentious, just boring...it really was a waste of money to pay McDean, McLellan and I&V. This issue is probably among their most mediocre work. Hawkesworth, Wales or Green would have probably put a bit more effort.

I quite like Alasdair’s editorial and of course I&V’s one would have a couple of very good shots, but that’s really it. have they lost it completely?
MAS editorial is one of the worse editorials I’ve ever seen and not even i-D or Dazed would’ve come up with such crap. BURN

Rebecca’s ed could be so much better if she didn’t look so annoyed in every single picture (I love this type of colour grading).

a rather underwhelming issue.

meh.

It would have been wonderful if she decided to close a really beautiful year for Vogue Paris with a decent December Issue. Maybe she needs lockdown again...

I got the I&V cover, I'd say it's one of the best VP cover this year!

The "legendary Lea Seydoux"....Lol
Does anyone in France actually believe that? Because no one anywhere else does.

She's not very popular in France either, some dislike her because of her family connections and this "bourgeois" attitude she has...
Though I wouldn't call her legendary, she's one of the few French actresses of the new generation who has made it internationally, she was in James Bond, won Palme d'Or in Cannes etc. I think she's quite a good actress and photographs beautifully. Couldn't care less about her personality but she stays out of the spotlight, let's give her that. IMO she was long overdue for a VP cover.

What a terrible issue...
The only good ed is literally the one by Emmanuelle. Barbieri’s one is as cheap as fashionova, the photography is the only thing that can save the terrible styling of Aleksandra’s ed, MAS ed is an insult and a stain in her career tbh. I mean, I’ve been vocal about her ridiculous styling for Nicolas’s collections and campaigns but the combo terrible styling + terrible photography is a recipe for disaster.

Clearly they all tried to set up Emmanuelle. One thing about Alt is that she is strategic in her collaborators. There’s always a complementarity with the photographer...

It is sad that the worst issue of the year is already the worst issue of 2021...
What a way to start your 10 year tenure as the EIC and your 21 year at VP.

When Barbieri does not care, it gives such a boring editorial. Luxurious yes but so...flat. MAS is only capable to do wonders when Meisel is involved because he does not tolerate mediocrity unlike McDean.

The Marilyn Monroe realness has to be forbidden in 2020.
Don't count on it. I'm sure with the new Marilyn movie being released next year, this is only the beginning.

Ugh I despise the Normcore trend. And it’s shocking to see this such style on the Parisian Vogue, by MAS.

Tbh they should have worked with Carilijn Jacobs again for the holiday issue, I feel like something more interesting would have taken place than using these boring photographers...

Must admit that this is likely my least favorite VP issue this year, but despite that it's still miles ahead most other editions.

Léa looks beautiful as Marilyn, but it's certainly not the best Monroe themed story we've seen in Vogue Paris. My personal favorite will always remain Edie's gorgeous September 2017 cover story by Sims. However, I appreciate the effort here. It looks beautiful and I always enjoy the color schemes in McLellan's stories. It is my favorite of the three here.
Inez & Vinoodh's story is a close second. Again, Léa looks fantastic and I love the styling in this story, the hair looks great on her. Personal favorite shots are the one from behind and the close-up on the floor. Solid editorial, but it looks incredibly repetitive becuase she appears to be wearing the same two outfits throughout? I don't know. Could've been better.
Collier Schorr's Craig McDean's story is the weakest link here. The homeless boi realness is awful, Léa looks like she stinks and it's just such an unpleasant story. I have nothing to add. Incredibly disappointed in McDean!

I enjoyed Rebecca's editorial as well! It's not much, but it's nice. Doesn't strike me as a main story though, looks more like Miss Vogue section or something in the front.

I'm not even going to talk about whatever that third "editorial" is...I'm repulsed.
They should have just gone forward with the first one and instead of the other two invest in more fashion shoots. A bit of a letdown this issue, but I have to say I like Rebecca's editorial.

Must admit that this is likely my least favorite VP issue this year, but despite that it's still miles ahead most other editions.
Out of the big 4, this issue is already in the bottom two with VI.
I mean, the cover girl couldn’t be more boring for a December/January issue and the content in beyond lackluster.

I take Kate for UK Vogue and whoever gets US Vogue over this anytime!

Out of the big 4, this issue is already in the bottom two with VI.
I mean, the cover girl couldn’t be more boring for a December/January issue and the content in beyond lackluster.

I take Kate for UK Vogue and whoever gets US Vogue over this anytime!
Actually it looks like a lazy issue, sometimes you can like or not the issue but it looks work behind it. we cannot say the same with the contents we’ve seen so far. Now that i think about it last dec/jan was in the same route...kinda lazy issue, for a combined issue that’s a shame. So we have to wait one month and a half for something “new”

It’s a nice issue. Maybe that it may as well be called the Léa issue may be its weakness, but one can say that about their Dec Rihanna issue. The superstar isn’t really the weakness as far as I’m concerned: It’s the way that they are presented. The 3 “Léas” could have been styled and shot stronger, but it’s nice enough, if not on the plain side. Craig’s tomboy “Undercover” Léa ia my fav of the 3… The standout story is Nathaniel’s “Reflets de diamonds” that give s a moody and heady sort of attitude that’s slightly reminiscent of Catherine and her “Belle du Jour”.

(One thing that Emmanuelle’s Vogue can’t be accused of is looking cheap— of which Edward’s has achieved time and time again.)

It's incredible how some people are always criticizing... Blablabla... and blablabla...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndresKlayr
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->