What An Ugly Ad Campaign!!!!

iconemod

Reaction score
Not everything shot by a huge photograph,featured by a glamorous top and styled with the flashiest clothes is a success..

Which is the Ad Campaign you just can't stand ? One for this current season, and another from past seasons. Please just 1 for each (if possible)

IMO, the one I just hate -even if I adore Chanel is the current one featuring Daria, with that unnatural brownish skin, that skate-girl attitude, not even the Chanel tweed suit saves it... I also don't like the Ritz being "promoted" simultaneously... stop that marketing pragmatism please!!!

And the one I never liked and never will, my all-time-turn off is:
Vanessa Paradis featuring the Ligne Cambon bags from Chanel...

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38151

I don't like Maxmara. it's too brownish and dull.dolce&gabbana had also pretty dull campaigns this year, compared to what they usually have...and Versace with Madonna of course.that's three, though.

from older campaigns...hmm...maybe Guess with Paris Hilton?

Yeah, that Versace campaign with Madonna was pretty bad. I disliked Sisley S/S 2005 too, I don't like what Terry Richardson did with it.

sohoxchic said:
that chanel one with isabeli fontana was horrible.

Why? I loved it, it was 1000 much more "classy" than Daria's.
Isabelli has that slight masculine touch that is a key issue for Chanel brand identity.

The Versace ads with Madonna were really tacky, I hate them. I got so surprised when I posted it in a fashion forum from my country and everybody liked it! I was the only one who said it was horrible.
I like the current Chanel's, althought I don't like Daria (yes, awful tan!) and I'm not fond of Chanel clothes.

Never really like these Versace with Gisele. They looked so cheap to me....I usually do not like Versace though. There are a few that I am not too crazy about this season....I will post later. :flower:

d48a786d.jpg

47726563.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yppe said:
The Versace ads with Madonna were really tacky, I hate them. I got so surprised when I posted it in a fashion forum from my country and everybody liked it! I was the only one who said it was horrible.
I like the current Chanel's, althought I don't like Daria (yes, awful tan!) and I'm not fond of Chanel clothes.

Go and express yourself in the Special Thread: Madona at Versace Ads: What went wrong??

ps: why don't you like Chanel???

You seem to be a very negative person iconemod! :(

Why don't you try posting something a bit more positive (and beautiful) for a change? :wink:

blingbling said:

Why don't you try posting something a bit more positive (and beautiful) for a change? :wink:

completely agree...
why waste time complaining about ugliness...
why not admire beauty or create some... :P

maybe when your not that beautiful yourself you have to bring other things down:lol:

i don't like the current sisley ads w/nicole trunfio by terry richardson...so vulgar...

The Versace one with Madonna was horrible...they made her look so old...I mean...older. :rolleyes:

blingbling said:

Wait till I meet up with my assistants, ok?
then I will return with a faux optimism à la Craig McDean...
Honestly, writing about beautiful stuff, admiring it and so on gets monotonous, a little pout, a little noise, a bit of critic doesn't hurt.
I will get more bourgeois, ok, promised :wink:

Play Venus in Furs!!! :doh:

Miu miu london..its the most disgusting ad i've ever seen in my life..I was staring at it for hours thinking "is this for real?!" takes the meaning of vintage and budget gone horribly wrong to a new level..

I made a scan from my vogue, it doesn't do justice to the cheapness of it

Attachments

• sc0071bdc2.jpg
    sc0071bdc2.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 29
softgrey said:
completely agree...
why waste time complaining about ugliness...
why not admire beauty or create some... :P

The idea behind these "What a horrible...." series was that usually there aren't that many "I don't like this ed" critics. Of course, there are tons of eds we love, but the ones we don't? It's a rare information, so why shouldn't it come to the light?

versace4.jpg
:blink:

But there are few pics where she actually doesn't look bad.

misssakura said:
Miu miu london..its the most disgusting ad i've ever seen in my life..I was staring at it for hours thinking "is this for real?!" takes the meaning of vintage and budget gone horribly wrong to a new level..

I made a scan from my vogue, it doesn't do justice to the cheapness of it

Yeah! Exactly that kind of expressions I wanted to read!! You're quite passionate about eds, a sharp eye and you stand to your esthetic values. That's what it is all about: eds and ads have to be beautiful!
That Miu Miu is only one thing: odd and un-expressive

Cool post misssakura :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimble
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->