What An Ugly Ad Campaign!!!!

i really dislike the missoni ads for the spring/summer 05 i think daria looks horrible! :(

^Yea normally I prefer to Daria to Gisele, but those ads were a pretty big step down.

Yeah, those Missoni ads were beyond bad. And that black and white Versace is Madonna but it's not from this season.

Gotta co-sign on the Daria for Chanel. I love Daria but she doesn't work with Chanel for me.

^^agreed i think of someone more refined and classic looking for chanel. Im sorry I dont like Daria I dont get what the fuss is over her. Her face constantly looks like someone is pulling her hair back too tight and that tan?! no ma'am!

monacocouture said:
^^agreed i think of someone more refined and classic looking for chanel. Im sorry I dont like Daria I dont get what the fuss is over her. Her face constantly looks like someone is pulling her hair back too tight and that tan?! no ma'am!
i couldn't agree more; imo she looks like a sunbaked (is that a word) squirrel :yuk: :sick:

iconemod said:
Wait till I meet up with my assistants, ok?
then I will return with a faux optimism à la Craig McDean...
:
huh? elaborate on this Craig McDean analogy a bit more...
are you saying that Craig has a false/fake optimism... i don't get it...

madonna for versace gave me nightmares
eurgghhh that woman needs to crawl into a hole and disappear (no offence to any mads fans in here)

I think that this season there's been just too many boring campaigns.I hope that'll change.

i absolutely HATE teh madonna for versace one..OMG i have never seen some one in a mag who is sooo bad at modelling, wat were they thinking

I like the Daria for Chanel one:innocent: Don't get the skate-girl attitude! what do you mean skate-girl???!!

i have to agree, what were versace thinking. i'm also not a fan of the mens missoni campaign- i would actually like to see the clothes. and valentino has had to resort to a naked male **** in their latest ad

Nueva said:
huh? elaborate on this Craig McDean analogy a bit more...
are you saying that Craig has a false/fake optimism... i don't get it...

You can see his pseudo-optimism at some eds for American Vogue. I prefer the Craig that plays it arty, with much more soberby and arrogance than optimism.
Happy people in flashy clothes is the quickest way to bother your reader. I mean, Testino's smiling VIPs still got that "sexual grace". But what do you get from a simply smiling face in fashion photography??? You need to mix it with something contrastful.

acester said:
I like the Daria for Chanel one:innocent: Don't get the skate-girl attitude! what do you mean skate-girl???!!

Skating -girl attitude:
Daria would fit better into a Missy-Elliot outfit rather than to a tweed Chanel costume if she's supposed to look convincent in an ad.
Here, even if she's got those eyes, that leg, there is the distinction and natural arrogance of the Chanel woman missing. I don't know why Karl is so obsessed in his "down-to-earth" attitude. Stella Tennant did a great job for the Chanel ads, like it made you say.: Gosh, these clothes are definetely not for everyone.
Those ads made Chanel clothes a true fetish because of the "unaccessible" attitude of the girl starring the ad. Another great Chanel ad was Kate Moss Spring Summer 2004. But I hope you got it with the skating-girl-attitude.
BTW: Darias fave accessoires are cheap collars made of fishbones for less than US$30...

iconemod said:
You can see his pseudo-optimism at some eds for American Vogue. I prefer the Craig that plays it arty, with much more soberby and arrogance than optimism.
Happy people in flashy clothes is the quickest way to bother your reader. I mean, Testino's smiling VIPs still got that "sexual grace". But what do you get from a simply smiling face in fashion photography??? You need to mix it with something contrastful.
Oh... I see what you mean. I do prefer the "arty" Craig too... but I guess when you choose to do the American Vogue thing, you have to do the American smile thing.... those are the consequences.

For a sec... I thought you were saying that Craig himself has a false sense of optimism...

But why do you say that happy people in flashy clothes is the quickest way to bother your reader? How do you figure? I think some stories call for a more somber mood, some brighter. Simple as that. A great model is one who can project a full range of emotion... from sad, to angry, to aloof, to sexy to straight-up happy. And a great photographer is one who can capture and bring out all facets of emotion from his/her subject as well. I think Craig doing the smile thing isn't a bad thing. It just proves that he can do it all.

I don't like the new Yves Saint Laurent Ads with the woman with Copperish hair, I just don't like the colour or the styling or the casting...yeah basically everything :smile:

^the woman with copperish hair? :lol::woot::lol:

it's karen Elson! One of the top models of our time :P:P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndresKlayr
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->