What is WWD ?... answer ...

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
Often called "the fashion bible," Women's Wear Daily serves as the voice of authority, international newswire and agent of change for the fashion, beauty and retail industries. In l999, all the properties carrying the Women's Wear Daily name were reorganized under a single umbrella, creating WWD MediaWorldwide.

First and foremost, WWD is dedicated to providing a balance of timely, credible business news and key women's fashion trends to a dedicated readership. This readership includes retailers, designers, manufacturers, marketers, financiers, Wall Street analysts, international moguls, media executives, ad agencies, socialites and trendmakers.

As the marketplace has become more complex, the need for information and competitive intelligence has become more acute. The common thread of our community is the business of style and fashion. What makes WWD the authority? Frequency, integrity, independence, spirited coverage and a long tradition that demands staffers get the story and get it first.

PRODUCT DETAILS
$148.97 USD

Market: womens
Region: USA
Industry: apparel
Format: Newspaper
Frequency: 250 issues

Is there anywhere to buy WWD besides ordering it online?
I've checked borders and a few newstands..

I saw WWD at the borders near I live, its amazing how they also have Vogue ITA and Vogue UK there also. I never realized until I searched there a couple of days ago during my winter break

Do you guys think it's worth the subscription? I am an undergrad fashion major so I'm interested and it would be useful, but do you think the benefit is worth the cost? Does anyone subscribe to it?

Also, I am not positive, but I thought there were several different versions (like textiles, accessories, etc.) that get released on different days of the week. Is it one different subject for each day or is it like a paper with all the different sections everyday? If you pay this $149 do you receive all of these or do you have to choose which ones you're interested in?

My mom was a fashion major too and a WWD subscription was a required text for her but back then it was only like $30/year. It isn't required for me so I just want to know if anyone who subscribes is in love and can rave about it to convince me to pay the $149. Thanks a bunch!:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
its absolutely worth it.. i could live without my wwd subscription..

there is a different 'focus subject' each day but if a 'textile' newsbit comes up on eg Friday when it is the 'beauty focus' issue, the textile newsbit will get published there, regardless if Tuesday is the 'textile focus' day..

i believe the round subscribtion is much better since it gives one the all around info for the industry

and dont forget the wwd job market section, maybe the best job search for those living & working in the us.

alternatively, the web version is very good, this is my choice of subscription.. since one doesnt need to mess with print and paper plus you can have the earlier access possible.

Can someone tell me about WWDScoop? I read the one about the spring collections and thought it was pretty good. Is this a monthly publication or only after collections?

Thank you for the info Lena! I think I'd prefer the paper/printed version just because that way you have all the pics to cut out for projects. I love cutting things up. Or to stick on my walls. I guess I could print them off the computer but it doesn't look as nice that way.

you are welcome pinksatin :flower:
the only issue is that the quality of 'newspaper' print photos may not be as great in order to keep and use or stick to your wall.. the wwd print quality is very 'basic'

oh . . . .:unsure:

In that case maybe the online version would be better. Then the quality is determined by my printer. Maybe then I'd only subscribe to W. THe pictures are always so huge and beautiful in W.:heart:

Thanks for letting me know though. I thought it was more like a short magazine you get every day (glossy nice printing). Also, the price is high for a publication but low considering how much I can spend on clothes.:innocent:

I just started my subscription to WWD about a month ago and I can't believe how I lived without it! I'm so happy I subscribed to the *print* version so I can cut out pictures and articles to paste in my inspiration book. It is fun to get a the paper each weekday. There are special supplements too which is cool. Definitely worth the money!

WWD - where to buy?

Where can you buy this newspaper?

specificially in Chicago, thanks! I have not seen it in bookstores.:flower:

heres what it says from the website

Subscribe Monthly!

Monday through Friday, receive daily issues of Women’s Wear Daily, an essential resource that provides a global link to the fashion, beauty and retail industries, and pay on a monthly basis.

Your subscription includes:
  • 1-year (250 issues) of WWD
  • WWDMagazine, WWDScoop, and WWDFast - providing insider access to the hottest products and trends
  • Annual market supplements on accessories, swimwear and intimates
  • Special features like Business Review, In-Depth Series, Executive Technology and more
  • WWD exclusives such as WWD 100, Who's Who in Textiles & Fibers, Where America Shops, WWDYear in Fashion and much more!
Subscribe below or call 1-800-289-0273 or 1-818-487-4526 between 5 a.m. and 5 p.m. Pacific. You may also print and fax this form to 1-818-487-4550, or e-mail us at [email protected].

New subscription to Women's Wear Daily
Monthly $18.00 + $1.40 = $19.40(Sales Tax will be added where required)

19.40 x 12 months = 232.8 dollars. You can get WWD magazine and WWD scoop from borders if you can't get the newspaper.

^ actually the information above might be wrong but I guess the information below doesn't include the sales tax.

Monday through Friday, Women's Wear Daily provides a global link to the fashion, beauty and retail industries. WWD brings complete coverage on the latest style trends, couture, ready-to-wear, retail news and developments, as well as financial perspectives and market overviews and insights.

Your subscription includes:
  • 1-year (250 issues) of WWD
  • WWDMagazine, WWDScoop, and WWDFast - providing insider access to the hottest products and trends
  • Annual market supplements on accessories, swimwear and intimates
  • Special features like Business Review, In-Depth Series, Executive Technology and more
  • WWD exclusives such as WWD 100, Who's Who in Textiles & Fibers, Where America Shops, WWDYear in Fashion and much more!
Subscribe below or call 1-800-289-0273 or 1-818-487-4526 between 5 a.m. and 5 p.m. Pacific. You may also print and fax this form to 1-818-487-4550, or e-mail us at [email protected].

New subscription to Women's Wear Daily
US 1 Year $205.00(Sales Tax will be added where required)

Sorry about that!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love WWDmagazine but it's pretty expensive - $25 or so here in Australia. I've only ever bought two issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rantanplan1980
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->