Where's Emanuel Ungaro this SS08 season?

BerlinRocks

Reaction score
I know Peter Dundas left Ungaro... which was a bad decision, imo...
but why is there any show this season???
even on their website, there's no look book for ss08...
what's happening????
No replacement has been announced????
What the hell is going on???? This Asim Whoever is really....:doh:... and i'm really :angry:

The internet is strangely quiet about this....you'd think at least somebody would have info as to what's going on..

I believe it was posted recently that Ungaro would be skipping the fall shows. However, the design team would still be producing some sort of collection to fill the stores. They will show again in the Spring when a new designer has been appointed.

^So we have to wait until this time next year for an Ungaro collection?

I'm so surprised, the collection last season got alot of exposure.

this was from wwd about a month ago regarding the s/s collection

Emanuel Ungaro, which parted ways with designer Peter Dundas in July, will forego the catwalk during Paris Fashion Week and has canceled its scheduled Oct. 4 outing. "As we await the appointment of a creative director, we decided not to have a runway show," Mounir Moufarrige, Ungaro's chief executive officer, said Thursday. He noted the spring collection will be designed by an in-house team and sold at its Avenue Montaigne salons Oct. 5 to 11.

so there will be a s/s collection, but not sure where you'll be able to see photos of it...

Such a shameeeeeeeeeee
peter was great ar Ungaro!!
and I miss to see that show!

For those who enjoyed his work (I certainly did), Dundas is now second-in-line at Dolce & Gabbana...

That's such a big shame. But at least his last collection for Emanuel Ungaro was gorgeous.

I'm not sure exactly what second-in-line means but it was posted on TFS a few weeks ago... I am guessing it means something along the lines of what Pilati and Alessandra Fennichetti were to YSL and Gucci (respectively) under Tom Ford?

i loved what peter dundas made for ungaro. it was such a long-legs-sparkling-discoid-chic. and i'm not really happy for him to move to dolce&gabbana, i think there's so much delicate sexiness in his work, not that right-in-your-face sex as they do at DG. his girl is tough yet she's playful and even naive wearing all these body-con shining dresses and huge puff parkas. it was just so amazing! and the colours.... i wish we'll see all that soon!
good luck, peter!

Peter Dundas is now designing for Revillon...FW08 will be his first season there

Isn't Esteban Cortezar(spelling?) the appointed designer now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->