Which Gym Do You Recommend?

Ina

Reaction score
I have decided to join a gym. Does anyone of you go to Equinox? Is it worth the money? Do you like it? Or does someone think a different gym is better?

I've tried the outdoor work-out (meaning no money and just running in my neighborhood). But i'm not motivated. I'm only motivated in group classes, etc.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

You should specify city as gyms vary widely by city and country. Perhaps also look around local websites and see if there is a local consensus. Alternatively, you could visit gyms that interest you and see if they feel right.

I dont know which city/country your in , but i would recommend a gym that is spacious, good lightening, air circulation and has variation of activities ( so you wouldnt get bored).
I used to go to a gym, that had amazing view, well lit, spacious and clean...i always loved going there...i think the environment motivates me the most.

I dont know which city/country your in , but i would recommend a gym that is spacious, good lightening, air circulation and has variation of activities ( so you wouldnt get bored).
I used to go to a gym, that had amazing view, well lit, spacious and clean...i always loved going there...i think the environment motivates me the most.

I totally agree, the environment and inviting-ambiance of a nicely designed gym provides great motivation.
I work out at the Activities Center at University of Texas at Arlington. It's a local gym, worth several million dollars but it has state of the art exercise equipment for cardio, weight, etc on the 2nd floor, and indoor track, a gaming room, a computer lab, LCD big screen TV's everywhere and mini TV's for the treadmills, and many smaller indoor gyms for recreational sports. IT depends really which location you are in, but I would go for gyms that offer a variety of activities. It's $300/year but since I'm a student I go there for free ^_^
I'm not a fan of monthly packages from L.A. Fitness or the like, they harass you too much on your payments and you aren't sure whether or not you will attend the gym the whole month.
But whatever motivates you to work out, go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
violette28
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->