Work of art on Bravo

Andrea.RL

Reaction score
http://www.bravotv.com/work-of-art

I was watching season 7 of top chef the other day, and saw at the bottom what was coming "next": Work of Art. I was intrigued, so I decided to look it up and watch it.

I'm crazy about this tv reality show! I'm already all over Top chef, but this one is all about artist, and I'm an art lover so this thing is perfect!

14 artists from around the USA go to new york, and they have different challenges, like any of the bravo shows. It's quit interesting to see how each artist treats the subject given, and I've discovered new artists that now figure in my favorites. Plus it screwed my head up, I dont know anymore if I want to go for fashion or back to art now... :P

Has anyone else seen this, likes this or even trying out for it? :D

Yes, i`ve seen it, i love it also! I have no clue when the next one is, i miss it.

I think I read that they were doing the castings at the moment, so probably next year since they need to finish that and then do the filming... :( I miss it too!!

Who were your favorites/favorite pieces? :smile:
I've watched the first season in 2 days and I've started going through it again, I want to write down what the challenges were and try them out ^_^

It seems fun, doesn't it? i basically liked everything Miles did, i wish he had won. We can't possibly be the only two in here that watched it :rofl;

If we are they are missing out on it big time :P
It totally does, it makes me want to be an artist!

I love Miles too! Even if people thought he was arrogant and manipulative, i think he was really interesting, did great work, and was kind of cute :D
I dont get was all of the fuss when he told his opinion about tongs tv set, i remember getting comments on my work at school sometimes... :$
And reminiscing, it was really funny when he made whatever her name was (the one that kept undressing) get naked and masturbate. They kept showing him talk about the fact he was trying to get her do that, and she finally falls in the pannel without realizing it. :lol:

I think the finalist deserved their place. Adbi wasnt one of my favorites at first, he always looked like he didnt know what to do, but he really pulled it off at the end. His exhibit and last pieces look amazing, and the themes he dealed were interesting. I think he's a good winner. :smile:
Peregrine has a world of her own. I dont share it but she's good at what she does. I liked the unborn faons, and some of the weird things she had in the last challenge.
And (to finish) i really liked nicole. :smile: she's very natural and i also liked her as a person (and her style and all :smile: )

I guess we are only two on this thread, but if anyone from paris snoops around here, the mentor on the show, worldly known artist and auction house owner, Simon de pury will be at Colette's the 19th to sell some of his work. Though most of the pieces are around 3000€, he has a catalogue of them for 20 ^_^' not the same thing, but with his autograph on it, it can be a good souvenir. :wink:

Wow, great opportunity. And darn it people, c'mon! It's a great show:lol:

From Nicole's facebook page

Some of my favorite pieces (just to get this thread going! :P) and they feature more Nicole than others because I liked her style and personality so I saved more pics of her. ^_^ By the way there are interesting things on her page and she's the one behind it, so you can talk directly with her :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_0600[1].PNG
    IMG_0600[1].PNG
    225.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 2
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0585.PNG
    IMG_0585.PNG
    246 KB · Views: 1
This is old but I thoroughly enjoyed this show!!! And I thought I was the only one watching this!!

The new season started last Wednesday! :D
It was ok... I'm curious to see what the next episodes are.

From what I saw, I like Lola, and the girl that painted the girl roasting. ^_^
And I'm happy that the person that was sent home lost, that person just seemed repetitive in their work...

never heard about this show before.. but after reading what you guys were saying! I'm interested!! And those pictures are amazing! :o

I didn't know there was a new season, gonna have to check it out.

clareann: yayy, a knew follower. :smile: if you need links to watch it I can send them to you :wink:

hfgl: tell me what your thoughts once you do. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
screenstarmakeup
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->