WSJ Magazine December / January 13.14 : Penélope Cruz by Alasdair McLellan

MissMagAddict

Reaction score
4.jpg
source | blogs.wsj.com

The new issue of WSJ. Magazine features a radiant Penélope Cruz on the cover, shot by acclaimed fashion photographer Alasdair McLellan and styled by Anastasia Barbieri. Given Cruz’s busy schedule—she appears in this month’s Twice Born alongside Emile Hirsch and in Ridley Scott’s recent release, The Counselor—writer Howie Kahn finds the leading lady contemplative about the demands of Hollywood, a subject she’s been more attuned to with the birth of her second child. As motherhood increasingly becomes her favorite role, she’s found a simple solution for achieving a work-life balance. “It’s okay to say no,” she says. “It’s so much better to follow your instinct.”

Other stand-out features in the issue include a lavishly photographed gift guide, a behind-the-scenes look at Ernest Hemingway’s perfectly preserved home outside Havana (as well as the local haunts that shaped the author), and an exclusive first interview with the three leading designers at Calvin Klein. Check it all out when the magazine debuts in the weekend edition of the paper on December 7th.

Nice, but she looks older than she actually is.

Her recent covers have been horrible

I will never understand her appeal. Never.

I don't know how old she's supposed to be but this shot is really aging her a lot.

I usually love Alasdair's photography but here it's really not workin in Penelope's favour. One of the most unflattering cover shots I've seen this year.

Cruz Control
Penélope Cruz by Alasdair McLellan
Styled by Anastasia Barbieri

glossynewsstand

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"