Yfke Sturm

Dutch supermodel Yfke Sturm run over by surf jet, in critical condition

Yfke Sturm, the 33 year old Dutch supermodel, is in critical condition after an accident with a motorized surfboard off the shore of the Italian island of Ischia. She is in a coma in a hospital in Naples, NOS reports.
According to Itallian newspaper Corriere della Sera, Sturm suffered a fractured skull and a number of broke vertebrae after falling off the so-called surf jet and being hit by another surf jet on the water.
Sturm is known for her modeling work for, among others, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Victoria’s Secret and Chanel. She also presented two seasons of the RTL program Holland’s Next Top Model.
The Dutch supermodel became a mother in June this year and is currently living in London.
--------------------------------
New update:
According to the doctor Sturm lies in a coma and her condition is stable. But he can not say she is completely out of danger. The head of the intensive care unit of the Hospital of Naples Federico II Professor Giuseppe Servillo against the Telegraph said. Sturm has no fever and blood pressure is good. She will not be operated.

Tonight or tomorrow morning he's trying to stop (momentarily) the medications that put her to sleep and wake her. ,, Then it is important whether and how she will react, "said Professor Servillo.

TFS

Zoomin.TV World News

Last edited by a moderator:
The brand new son Yfke Sturm was born on July 24th at 14:00 and goes by the name Alexander. "I am totally in love," says Yfke exclusively to Grazia.

In March Yfke revealed that she had big news: She was pregnant with her first child. Now Yfke, after a relaxed pregnancy and easy delivery, already a week the proud mother of a son. "It's such a peacefull, calm little baby," she says.

"In the end I could not exercise and my clothes fit at some point no longer," says Yfke. But how high is the push to recover quickly her old body back? "Not that big. In itself, I'm not much arrived, fifteen kilos in total. A few days after giving birth my belly was already pretty flat and I had lost six kilos, which goes fast, "she says. "And I'm breast feeding, which is a workout in itself."

grazia.nl

Making Of A Supermodel. The Elite Model Look 1997.

Winner International Search: Yfke Sturm (Holland)

Elite Model Management goes over this behind the scenes of making a supermodel. The agency goes all over the nation to search for fresh faces and compete nationally and then compete for the international level which was previously called "Elite Look of The Year Contest"

DKNY Spring/Summer 2000

Photo Mikel Jansson
Models Mark Vanderloo, Esther Cañadas, Ryan Locke, Julien Hedquist, Yfke Sturm, Emily Sandberg, Frankie Rayder & Vivien Solari

uomoclassico.com

Ralph Lauren Swimwear Spring/Summer 1999

Photo Bruce Weber
Models Yfke Sturm & Unknown

uomoclassico.com

Carolina Herrera 'Carolina' fragrance
Photo:no info
Model:Yfke Sturm
:wub:

yfke.jpg
Scanned by me (Cosmopolitan Hong Kong November 2003)

Does anyone know what ended up happening with her? Such a tragic accident, and right after she gave birth. Terrible.

I was looking to see if there were any articles, but only seem to find ones about the accident, but no news after. One article states she woke from the coma, but nothing else.

^ I was never a fan (couldn't make peace with her lack of eyebrows and I thought she looked 40, which was unforgivable for my teenage self LOL) but I remember she used to be on every show back in the day, or more like, a show didn't seem quite as respectable if she was not in it.. so my curiosity was triggered and I looked her up in Dutch and found this from 2017.. I guess such a scary, near-death experience, especially right after giving birth, completely put things into perspective and she lost interest in her modeling career.

Garnier
Model:Yfke Sturm
scanned by me (YES! Russia №175 July 2013)

Scan6600.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petitealiix91
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->