Your Best & Worst Collections of F/W 2020.21

My favorites would have to be Haider Ackermann, Loewe, Saint Laurent, Nensi Dojaka's mini collection as part of Fashion East, Marc Jacobs and 3.1 Phillip Lim.

Best: Givenchy, Loewe, Dries Van Noten, Saint Laurent, Sacai, Haider Ackermann, Fendi

Worst: Dior, Celine, Chanel, Balmain, Bottega Veneta, Versace

Last edited:
Givenchy and Saint Laurent were the biggest surprises of the season. Clare really stepped up her game. Perhaps the future of her job rested on her latest collection. It took her a while to get here, but it's better late than never. Saint Laurent was decadent and chic. It was the most YSL looking collection we have seen in years. Something snapped in Vaccarello as well. Fendi was perfection. Sylvia stayed loyal to the DNA set by Karl and put her own personality into it. I love her aesthetic. It's the kind of fashion I love and it's what I expect to see in Milan. Olivier Theyskens was beautiful. He was focused and confident. The collection was razor sharp. Overall this was a pretty decent season. Much better than the past couple of years. I'm always optimistic and any sign of change is always something to look forward to.

Best:
Area
Marc Jacobs
Fendi
Dolce & Gabbana
Olivier Theyskens
Saint Laurent
Givenchy
Miu Miu

My worst list is straight up sad. Just a little less then ten years ago almost all of these brands were at the top of the pack. They didn't have to rely on purchased press to stay relevant. Now it's just about pushing monogram bags, ramen noodle shoes, and even a faux feminist agenda. The times have changed and not for the better.

Worst:
Burberry
Versace
Bottega Veneta
Marni
Chloe
Dior
Celine
Chanel
Louis Vuitton

The best collection and show of the season was Marc Jacobs.

Firstly, because he’s caught the drift that over styled, over designed, tricky, sloppy, big clothes and accessories are done. He showed us such nice, neat, clean and sharp clothes that do not make a woman look like a fool.

Secondly, it’s because he put on a show that seemed to actually mean something...something deeper. I don’t think I’ve seen a fashion show in a long time that feels as richly nuanced as this one did.

It was a great return to form from Marc and I hope he is as inspired next season.

You don't have to pay for anything.
You probably went on Join Now (Become a BoF Professional).
Just open the link > Load Full Review > Sign Up
After the registration the article opened.
Yeah, I already signed up. Still isn't working.

because I already had an account

Anyway, if someone who has a BoF Professional Account can send me like a print of the page I would appreciate it.

Best
Haider Ackermann: Wearable, chic and timeless.
Olivier Theyskens: Once he stripped back all the bells and whistles, there only remains the mastery of his cutting and his eye for the smallest details. Fascinating.
Givenchy: Glamourous but realistic, wish she finally settled in this direction.
Dries Van Noten: A gaudy dream by a master of color, the hair and makeup were seriously good.
Lemaire: Clothes for the life I wish I lead.

Honorable Mentions
Sacai
Chloé
Louis Vuitton
Prada
Paco Rabanne
Yohji Yamamoto
Simone Rocha
Maison Margiela

Worst

Marni: Revolting rags in disgusting colors. Trying too hard to be Junya.
Richard Quinn: Tasteless and poorly realized, every other brit talking about how "couture" it looked was just ludicrous.

Most Dreadful
Christian Dior
Celine
Chanel

Best were Saint Laurent and Dries van Noten.

P.S. And just because they set the bar so low for themselves that I actually liked Dolce just because they did something different this season.

Top 10:
01. Paco Rabanne
02. R13
03. Lemaire
04. Moncler Genius 8 - Richard Quinn
05. Gabriela Hearst
06. Area
07. Acne Studios
08. Marc Jacobs
09. Tod's
10. Ottolinger
Honorable Mentions: Fendi, Nina Ricci, Collina Strada, Saint Laurent, Emilia Wickstead

Bottom 10:
01. Baja East
02. Dior
03. Puppets and Puppets
04. Matty Bovan
05. Prabal Gurung
06. Tom Ford
07. Emilio Pucci x Koché
08. Louis Vuitton
09. Rick Owens
10. Alexander McQueen
Dishonorable Mention: Giambattista Valli

Chanel
Sportmax
Fendi
Prada

Last edited by a moderator:
I will always love Mcqueen more than anyone else, so Sarah's shows will forever be on my Top list :smile:

Top: in no particular order:
Alexander McQueen
Saint Laurent
Balmain
Tom Ford
Givenchy
Vetements
Junya Watanabe

Bottom:
Gucci - what the heck was that?!
Comme Des Garcons
Chanel