Your Best & Worst Collections of F/W 2021.22 Haute Couture

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that's a wrap on PFW's Haute Couture season for Fall 2021, I thought we'd discuss the best and worst!

Despite the criticism on these forums, I loved Chanel and thought the setting of the Palais Galliera as perfect. Margaret Qualley throwing the bouquet finished the show off perfectly for me, and I genuinely didn't dislike a single look. The jacket and skirt Anna Ewers wore was divine, as well as the look Louise de Chevigny wore. Loic Prigent's YouTube series has only propelled my Chanel obsession further!

I also liked a few looks from Balenciaga, but would've done without all the denim and streetwear looks. I'm always disappointed by Maria Grazia Chiuri's offerings for Dior but I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked several of the opening looks, which reminded me of Marc Bohan's era. Kim Jones for Fendi certainly didn't disappoint me either - and neither did Giorgio Armani.

Quite a solid season, overall, if you ask me.

My favourite is Schiaparelli.
It’s the opulence a d brazenness that I feel has been missing from fashion lately. I think a lot of it is wearable which makes it even more wonderful in my eyes. I also enjoyed Fendi and Armani and liked a few pieces from Balenciaga.

I hated Dior, as per usual, and was disappointed in Alexandre Vauthier. Chanel left me feeling very « meh » about it which, at first, isn’t the best reaction, but then « meh » doesn’t stop the women from buying it so it must be oké.

Waiting to see what Valentino will offer as I loved the last haute couture collection.

Armani was my favorite.
His approach to couture is so rare nowadays. No smoke and mirrors, just elegant and beautifully made garments.
Same applies to Rucci, whose sketches and video were enough to make me dream. I hope he will get a chance to make his designs come to life.
I also liked Fendi, but for a completely different reason. Their presentation was spectacular. The cinematography and music really elevated otherwise mediocre collection. It is a shame that amazing embroidery and fabrics were wasted on poorly constructed clothes.

Armani had the best jackets of the season! I mean the opening look with the velvet blazer is the most haunting thing of the season for me!
I don’t have a favorite collection because it’s an underwhelming season. Balenciaga was full of Drama but quite unimpressive for me. Schiaparelli was over the top but lacked finesse. Armani was aspirational, so chic and expensive but the color palette wasn’t it. Dior was whatever. Chanel had two fabulous white suits but that’s it. Gaultier was good but not satisfying enough.

Margiela was a non event, Fendi was too superficial, Victor and Rolf was ridiculous…

The biggest frustration is Ralph Ricci. It’s maybe the only collection I had a lot of anticipation for. That’s the kind of things I really respond to right now…

Couture needs a newcomer. Someone skilled. It’s frustrating to have Kim Jones doing Couture when you have Haider, Nicolas, Riccardo over there…

Best: Schiaparelli, Iris Van Herpen
Worst: Everything else. I am ashamed of being interested in fashion these days, past 1-2 years it's just pollution and waste of fabric for no reason, a load of bullshoot after a load of bullshoot.

My Favorite is Vivienne Hu's FW21 collection, the designs are amazing and trendy as well, I like the fact they have used every trend in their collection, perfect designed puffer jacket for FW winter shirtdress with shirring is worth investing in, commendable use of color and fabrics which makes you feel comfortable and elegant, I love the styling sense in the designs, all I can say the collection is worth buying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->