Your Favorite Candles?

baldy12

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just did a search for candles and nothing came up. I don't even know if it fits in this forum but does anyone buy high-end candles like Diptyque or Byredo? I am debating between the two, freesia vs bibliotheque. Any feedback on either brand?

Byredo candles are great!
Never heard of Diptyque before though.

I love both. My favorite one from Diptyque is the mint one. I smelled some Byredo candles when I travel, here in spain I've only found the perfumes wich I love.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have both.. and they are equally great 'luxe' candles. Afterwards what makes the difference are the scents you like the most, and both brands have a lot of unique ones..

Paddywax candles are my favorite! They come in so many scents and the tin packaging is so cute. Always got a few of these around the house.

Right now I'm burning a Massimo Dutti candle, I think the scent is Lemongrass and something else... Maybe basil? I love it, it's very fresh. :heart: But Yankee Candles are definitely my favourite. Their scent lasts for ages and they have such an amazing selection. I've also tried out almost every single Ikea candle in existance. :D I love them, but the scent really doesn't last...

Fresh makes some really great candles and they have great scents...
I'm kind of obsessed with cannabis santal - they also have a fragrance of it, and both are really distinct and amazing :heart:

I have Cire Trudon right now, I like them a lot. Kind of pricey, though.

Has anyone used APC candles? I smelled the Toumbac candle in a store recently and it smelled pretty good.

Mmm, great thread!

I adore Cire Trudon too, although 140 euros for a candle is more than a bit pricey...but they are truly gorgeous to all the senses...I love the Spiritus Sanctus one, but they are all great...

http://www.ciretrudon.com/

I always make sure to have a Diptyque Myrrhe candle in my bedroom, and sometimes even travel with it; it defines home for me ever since my sister gave me one about five years ago...:heart: At 30 something euros they're an affordable occasional luxury.

Not a candle, but I also make sure I have a supply of old Japanese incense from Kyoto called Kobunboku, used for decades by my grandmother:heart: It's the only incense I use and smells so pure, like ancient temples...

I abhor vanilla/coconut type flavors...a friend of mine was using a surprisingly nice cinnamonny one from Febreeze for her bathroom though, so one need not be snobby! :wink:

Would love to hear some more of your opinions on this topic!

As Melisande said before, I also ADORE the Myrrhe candle from Diptyque.
I also love Cire Trudon and my absolute favourite is Voluspa (Crème de Pèche)

Love love love buying and lighning those candles.
They add a lot to the room and they can change the atmosphere drastically I think.

for cheap candles in a million different scents i like to go to bath and bodyworks. their selection is insane and in addition to being reasonably priced they usually have good deals going on (like buy 3 get 1 free which you can usual mix with their body products). also their seasonal scents are amazing. this winter i was allllllll about their cinnamon roll candles.

I'm a Yankee Candle addict. :blush:I have never seen such a choice of scents! Their candles smell great and real and they last for quite some time. Currently I'm burning: Lavender Lemon :heart:, Black Coconut, A Child's Wish and Fireside Treats. My all time favourite are French Lavender and Lavender Vanilla (which is hard to find and I don't know why). Yes, I love lavender. :lol:

I'd like to try Dyptique candles (Diptyque looks like an amazing brand :shock:), but I can only dream of affording one soon.

I recently bought Cire Trudon's "Balmoral" candle and it's heaven!

I'm a newly converted Yankee Candle fan. :D Their candles are amazing. I'm burning Summer Scoop right now and it smells divine, like berry ice cream with whipped cream on top, mmm. :heart:

1257053elarge.jpg

yankeecandle.co.uk

I pick up mine from Anthropologie which does some unique scents like almond & maraschino cherry. I love the packaging.

photo credit: anthropologie.com

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-09-29 at 11.12.50.png
    Screen Shot 2013-09-29 at 11.12.50.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 111
are the la duree candles worth getting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pappagallo