YSL Mombasa

cheiby11 said:
Thank you for advice :smile:

I've got a question... Isn't it too heavy?

it's not heavy at all, but good god does is the handle uncomfortable to wear on the shoulder! I find it so painful I only carry it by hand.

The bag by itself is not heavy.. in fact it's lighter than a Paddington :wink:

However, if you load a lot of stuff into the mombasa, the horn may dig into your shoulder, especially if you are wearing summer clothing.

I think to put less stuff in my mombasa if I want to wear it on my shoulder....otherwise like LilyGirl I'll just carry it by hand :smile:

chiangsi1980 said:
The bag by itself is not heavy.. in fact it's lighter than a Paddington :wink:

However, if you load a lot of stuff into the mombasa, the horn may dig into your shoulder, especially if you are wearing summer clothing.

I think to put less stuff in my mombasa if I want to wear it on my shoulder....otherwise like LilyGirl I'll just carry it by hand :smile:

nothings heavier than a paddington :lol:

i normally dont use the mombasa during summer because the horn digs into my shoulders.. and its more of a winter bag anyways imo...

Mombasa size

can anyone tell me the size Mombasa that Nicole Richie carries in these pictures? I ordered a standard one, not large, and am hoping it's the right size (12 x 12). thanks!

attachment.php

Can someone please post the sizes of the basic one? The one that nicole richie is carrying seems to be a bit bigger than the size i was ogling at saks this weekend but she is also tiny.

pradaromance said:
bluefly is authentic, right?

right now i have 4 mombasas:
a large black mombasa with natural horn handle
a large brown mombasa with natural horn handle
a medium white mombasa with gold hardware and white bleached horn
a small black velvet mombasa with silver crystal encrusted horn

i would love to get another black one, since i use them so much, i really have always loved the very structured version from F/W '02 and regret not getting it. so i think i might get it, if i remember correctly its pretty big:heart:

link
http://www.bluefly.com/pages/products/detail.jsp;jsessionid=Cnc29GWyjIZRjqW8ZslQGFh7A4dPwSxssi9iaGVDwXFe9mEE8YAT!1037438708!app4-prod.ibm.bluefly.com!7005!7002?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=9923487&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1131&N=947+4294966660&Ne=9&Ns=Popularity%7c0%7c%7cProduct%2bCode%7c1&Nu=Product+ID

I have this style, but mine is black smooth leather with silver horn. It's pretty small, it looks like a pocket on a handle. Although I never knew I could wear the handles like that. Mine are attached at the side of the bag on the metal rings and it makes the bag more proportional as the handle looks shorter - more a hand bag than a shoulder bag.
I can defend my self with the horn, if there is a need, it's soo heavy:angry:
I like large Mombassa much better I bought this one just because they didn't have any other left. I bought it 3 years ago for about 700 Euro if I'm not mistaken. I think the Bluefly price is a bit high for this bag.

alsa said:
Can someone please post the sizes of the basic one? The one that nicole richie is carrying seems to be a bit bigger than the size i was ogling at saks this weekend but she is also tiny.

Afaik, the mombasa is available in two shapes..a round hobo which is more North-South and an East-West shape which I believe is the one that Nicole has....

does anyone konw whether they still have the mombasa with the ysl logo on the front? i will post a pic if i can...

Yes they still have it.

At least a couple of weeks ago when I was at a YSL Boutique.:wink:

Good Luck Hunting!

I think the classic mombasa is $845 for the medium size & $945 for the large.

Does anyone know if YSL ever made a Mombasa with a plastic horn handle? Or at least a horn handle that was entirely black?

I doubt plastic, but I do think the horn came in a lot of varieties -- here's one from bluefly that is wood:

eqzoom.ms

chiangsi1980 said:
Does anyone know if YSL ever made a Mombasa with a plastic horn handle? Or at least a horn handle that was entirely black?
I remember there was a black lacquer one from Tom's last collection, there was also a red lacquer one that was soo hot.

chiangsi1980 said:

I remeber one came with transperent clear plexi horn with crystals...that was Tom Ford

here is the red horn from the chinese collection...

& the transperent plexi came with the same collection of the attached bag...I guess it is a well known collection fall 02/03

Attachments

• Yves_Saint_Laurent_bag_3_p.jpg
    Yves_Saint_Laurent_bag_3_p.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 2c_1_b.jpg
    2c_1_b.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 1
Lilygirl - the bluefly YSL that you listed is the small size of the style below I think? Do you know where I can get the next size up of that bag? Is there a style name I could search for? Thanks so much for any info :smile: I have to track down this bag!

attachment.php
[/quote]

Hipkitten said:
Pixiedust0128 and taz please credit your picture/scan sources.

sorry, was excited to post & forget to do so:blush: .......

ebay.com & styledrops

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->