Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche S/S 06 Paris

for me i think YSL looks truly YSL under ALBER ELBAZ, & J.P. Gaultier would be the best for YSL....

while the blend of TOM FORD & YSL creates a new intresting & edgy brand which wasn't truly YSL in spirit but it was gorgeous ,... & shaking up the image of the brand was good in bringing attention even if it wasn't very true to the brand, but it set up the label for Pilati...

while for Pilati, his approach looks for me too classical when it is compared to TOM FORD, ALBER ALBAZ when he did YSL befor ford & JP Gaultier in his couture collections after YVES retirement.
PILATI's vocabulary :( wide belts, the black velvet ribbons & buttons???) & structure are repeated since his 1st debut, compare these:

the structure :
00410m.jpg
00500f.jpg

the cascade ruffles :
00300f.jpg
00290f.jpg
00270f.jpg
00440f.jpg

even in this ad.
YSL%20curling%20mascara.jpg

however i feel there is a good point in making the vintage ysl image is beginning to look modern again

my only explaination for this is that Pilati aim is to make the collection seems to be designed by YVES him self????:huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely... but the flower tops are maybe just a little bit too much... love the first and the second outfit.. :flower: B)

^^ The first cardigan is adorable. But I have to agree with Baizilla - that ruffly thing looks a little silly off the runway.

And, a logo t-shirt...? Is that really necessary...? :unsure:

Thanks, taz!

Hmmm...I think I only like the first and last of those pieces. Those ruffle tops need a big coat or something over them to tone them down, then they might work.

That last pic is what I was looking at. Utterly skeletal.

To stay on topic, I wish they'd stop making logo shirts.

One of Pilati's best YSL collections! :wub:

Such a strong collection, and EVERYTHING was beautiful.

Does anybody have any HQ's of this show? :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucilam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->