Zero Maria Cornejo S/S 06 - New York

iperlchen

daisy in my lazy eye
Reaction score
style.com

NEW YORK, september 13, 2005 –
One doesn't expect histrionics from a line called Zero, and that's not designer Maria Cornejo's style. Instead, she quietly delivers thoughtful, somewhat provocative designs season after season, with signatures like curvy patterns, lots of draping, and cocoon shapes. All of which made appearances at her spring show, freshly transformed and presented in a palette of ivory, brown, copper, blue, and lemon inspired by Czech Art Nouveau printmaker Alphonse Mucha.
What Cornejo described as her "essential dresses" were bubble hemmed, with Empire waistlines or ruched details. One such piece had embroidery that resembled bark, another had winglike stitching falling softly from the side seams. A striking Venus gown of blue linen had a dramatic cowl neckline. Casual winners included ensembles built around slim pants and Jacquard shorts, some paired with jersey tees and others with loosely constructed tops cinched with natural leather belts, and customized Zero for Keds skimmers. Once again, Cornejo achieved the "airy, flowing, sensual" effect she was after, and the tally in the win column was much more than zero.

– Laird Borrelli

00010m.jpg
00030m.jpg

00050m.jpg
00080m.jpg

Simple beauty:heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
very beautiful and simple, i love the black shoes:heart:
thanks perlefine:flower:

I'm so glad with the direction she took after last season, I like this much much better :heart: Especially the shoes are very cute! The show started out steady (black with brown belts make me think of .F :P), but after the first half it kinda falls apart in my opinion. Still a few good pieces but it looses structure :unsure:

It's lovely! Very simple though,indeed. But not really that consistent though.

I agree nice & simple & pretty - my reservation is with the extensive use of that cotton. I know its a summer collection but some of it doesn't look very good quality - there must be more interesting fabrics to use?. scott what do you find inconsistent about it? I think it is... or do you mean with her previous work?

H. I think the cotton looks quite high quality albeit quite thin.

I'm not familiar with this designer at all but i find this collection to be simply beautiful. I love that yellow dress with the pockets on the outside where you can see the model's hadns through the fabric. It looks so intriguing. Very simple and fresh and i quite like the black at the beginning. :heart:

maybe its just me meg - not a big fan of cotton I suppose because its never warm enough where i live to wear it. ...so when I see it I just dismiss it I suppose.

I really liek alot of it, simple but cool & wearable. I lvoe the way she used linen , sort of metalic.

helena said:
I agree nice & simple & pretty - my reservation is with the extensive use of that cotton. I know its a summer collection but some of it doesn't look very good quality - there must be more interesting fabrics to use?. scott what do you find inconsistent about it? I think it is... or do you mean with her previous work?

Well,the way it sort of evolved into the printed bits....it looks rather a departure from the group of black and the vanilla coloured bits..maybe that's just my initial impression? I'll have to go and look at the collection in its entirety to get the full spectrum.

Some interesting pieces.... but generally speaking.. it's a *yawn*......

^It is a bit yawn. But I love the simplicity of the pieces and the way he has made the fabric to drape in a certain way. Not a cohesive collection tho.

My first look at this designer. I like what I see! Thanks Perlefine :flower:

It's nice. But that's about it. Not boring enough to say its a waste, not interesting enough to say its amazing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nocknock
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->