Zipsoles on your $$$ shoes

Any new advice on zip soles.. do people here do it regularly?

I hat it done on a pair of Loubs ages go.. and it ruined it for me, I live in London though which is a very wet city.. so I'm thinking about having it done.

Any recommendations of where I can have it done in London?

I am an advocate for zipsoling shoes...I bought 3 pairs of flats (very similar to Lanvin) from Saks, and after 1 summer of wear, the soles were worn down. I brought them to my cobbler and he zipsoled all of them with vibram...and they are so much more comfortable now. It's like they've been given a new life!

It was quite pricy at $40 a pair...but I make it a point to buy really good classic shoes, and I want to make sure they last me as long as I care to wear them!

^ Good point... on the louboutin I had it done on it came up on the sides.. such a ugly look imo but that was because it was really thick and black and these very a pair of simple pumps in natural python.. I ended up selling them.

Is the vibram quite thin?

When I got the heels redone on my shoes they put new soles on for free. I rarely wear the sole down so much though it always the heel.

Sometimes I use Sure Treds. They are about $1.50 but they don't cover the whole front shoe. They help protect a bit and make the shoes non slip. They don't last long since they're very thin.

I've also taken shoes for the zipsoles. My shoe guy uses cats paw. He charges $12 - 15. They are a lot thicker but I don't like how it goes up into the arch part of the shoe.

Does anyone know of a European version of these Sure Treds?

can cobblers zipsole shoes with clear soles? is there such a thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vikutea
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->