Zipsoles on your $$$ shoes

andy basic shoemaker should be able to do that for you...

btw- BRIAN...that is COMPLETELY untrue...:lol:...
the red paint (NOT LACQUER)wears off the first time you wear them...

the rubber also gives you a better 'grip' on the ground or pavement...
so it prevents you from slipping and makes it more comfortable to stride confidently in a pair of high heels...

same with flat sandals...
the rubber makes it easier to walk in the flats so it is easier on your feet and legs in general...

VERY important for women in an URBAN environment with an active lifestyle...:P

Last edited by a moderator:
softgrey said:
any basic shoemaker should be abole to do that for you...

btw- BRIAN...that is COMPLETELY untrue...:lol:...
the red paint (NOT LAQUER)wears off the first time you wear them...

the rubber also gives you a better 'grip' on the ground or pavement...
so it prevents you from slipping and makes it more comfortable to stride confidently in a pair of high heels...

same with flat sandals...
the rubber makes it easier to walk in the flats so it is easier on your feet and legs in general...

VERY important for women in an URBAN environment with an active lifestyle...:P

I agree on every single word of yours! I have the rubber sole on ALL of my nice shoes. It protects the leather sole, and it also prevents the shoes from sliding on my office carpet. It's also a layer of coushion so the ball of the feet get protection more or less. They are really important.
I had a guy in Boston who used to it for $25 per pair. he uses either black rubber or tan color rubber on the soles, and there is no way you can tell. I highly recommend them if you live in a walking city such as NYC or Boston. :flower:

I agree with sofgrey and caffeinne-

I have it done, otherwise I feel like I'm slip sliding everywhere. And I generally walk rather quickly, so if the shoes are all slick, I'd straight fall on my butt

Sometimes I use Sure Treds. They are about $1.50 but they don't cover the whole front shoe. They help protect a bit and make the shoes non slip. They don't last long since they're very thin.

I've also taken shoes for the zipsoles. My shoe guy uses cats paw. He charges $12 - 15. They are a lot thicker but I don't like how it goes up into the arch part of the shoe.

Here are pics of both.
ca3033.jpg

BY THE WAY...
everything i said above applies for 'cheap' shoes as well...
if you have a pair of 'cheap' shoes and you put this on the bottom..
they become SO much easier to walk in..and so much more comfortable...
my friend does this...and it really works!...

the difference zipsoles make in the longevity of shoes is worth the price they cost, not to mention the cushioning/non-slip factor. I have shoes and boots that are over 10 years old and most look as good as the day I bought them. I put zipsoles on when I first get them, keep a suede brush on hand, and condition the leather as needed. I also use organic butcher block oil for my wood wedges and heels when they look lackluster. I guess I am a nut for taking care of my stuff but hey it lasts. My newest discovery is the insolia insoles which I recommend if comfort matters.

Thanks for all the great advice!
I took my shoes to have them zipsoled.

Is was a bit more expensive than most of the prices entioned here.. I guess american and UK prices vary..

I'm curious to see how it looks, I'm used to walking in heels without the support, with the support I think it will be great! :P :smile:

Does zipsoling always go up the arch? I wouldn't mind normally, but it looks a bit silly on Louboutins, IMO. It sounds like a good idea but I'd want it to be invisible when I'm wearing them.

i 100% advocate zipsoles. i use vibram on all shoes that i wear often. esp on ballet flats....the sole is so delicate, zipsoles are a must! evening/spec. occasion shoes that i rarely wear i do not use zipsoles.

i really don't like zipsoles. i was forced to do them on a pair of gucci booties and i've never worn them after that. they just really bug me. even though you can't really see it, i'm still conscious of the fact that theres this slab of rubber under my feet

Should I zipsole my shoes?

Do they zipsole Tods drivers?

Any recommendation for good shoe repair place doing zipsoles around Tyson's, VA? Thanks a lot.

^^Go to Hakky in the Fair Oaks Mall in Fairfax, VA. I used them for years.

I had no idea you could do this.

But first i have to actually find a cobbler... Does anyone by any chance know a good cobbler in Amsterdam?

This sounds great, I have a lot of shoes that can use this treatment. Does anyone have any cobbler suggestions for me? That's preferably cheap? I'm in NYC. I'm a student, so I can't afford to spend $55 at Angelo's. :\

Anyone know a good place in DC? I know that the shoe shiner place by my work will do it for something like $15, but I don't know if that's too cheap. I might try him out on a pair of cheaper shoes. Does the cost of the zipsole matter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashion killa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->