1960s Swinging London - Historical Fashion Videos

Second vid is more about coffee bars but still cool to watch people fashions in the late 50s, early 60's.

By the way, Biba is back in London and not without controversy!

well this is part of fashion history, i personally love fashion from the 60s and 70s (not the hippie part that much)
where can i find the whole serial?

Fun to watch but I don't think it's a documentary, too many posed scenes. It could be one of those films made to promote London to people in other countries.

Fun to watch but I don't think it's a documentary, too many posed scenes. It could be one of those films made to promote London to people in other countries.

Rank Organisation shot 500 short films like this one documenting British 50's and 60's lifestyles for showing in their own cinemas (they used to own the ODEON cinemas like the one now in Leicester Square where you have world film premiers!) so perhaps it was only targeted for locals. Anyway I guess people thought they were getting the chance of their life time to become movie stars hence the poses! :lol:

well this is part of fashion history, i personally love fashion from the 60s and 70s (not the hippie part that much)
where can i find the whole serial?

Whole serial is huuuuge! There are 500 episodes! :shock: But I found the Swinging one available in Amazon UK [/U] (search for "Look At Life - Swinging London [DVD]"). It last 142 awesome minutes! :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slimshelly
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->