Academy Awards 2020

Turns out Olivia is actually in Stella McCartney. I actually believed Brad Goreski when he thought it was Kane because so did I! And then he corrected himself.

That dress looks like such a blatant rip-off of Kane's designs. Oh, Stella. I guess she can't rip off Phoebe anymore.

Oops, thanks for the correction.

Natalie Portman
oozHpZz.jpg

costumeloverz71.tumblr

Saoirse Ronan
EjFnvuB.jpg

forasecondtherewedwon.tumblr

Florence Pugh
3BcJSiC.jpg

frozenmorningdeew.tumblr​

Olivia Colman looks absolutely fantastic! As does Florence Pugh, the colour of her dress is quite captivating.
I'm a huge fan of Scarlett Johansson's look as well. Who is she wearing?
Margot finally turned up in a gorgeous look. Her past couple appearances have been quite dull in my opinion. She looks amazing tonight! I'm getting some major vamp vibes.
Renée looks really great as well.

Margaret Qualley
margaret-qualley-oscars-2020-1.jpg

Rebel Wilson
rebel-wilson-oscars-2020-1.jpg

Regina King
regina-king-oscars-2020-1.jpg

Rooney Mara
rooney-mara-oscars-2020-1.jpg

Penélope Cruz
penelope-cruz-oscars-2020-1.jpg

Salma Hayek
salma-hayek-oscars-2020-1.jpg

Renée Zellweger
renee-zellweger-oscars-2020-1.jpg

Brad :heart:
brad-pitt-oscars-2020-1.jpg

hollywoodlife

Diane Ladd looks stunning. Also really like Olivia Colman, Beanie, Margot, Renee and Mindy's looks. Majorly disappointed by that Gucci on Saoirse.

Trying to ignore Florence's godawful dress for a second, all the nominees look pretty good I think.. considering how boring the Oscars can be.

Does anyone have a link to watch this outside the US?

Between Caitriona and Kristen, Valentino is the winner of the night. :clap:

PwJ6KUN.jpg

zimbio.com

Everyone looks basic, bargain-bin Macy's except Rooney Mara.

My god - the amount of plastic surgery people have done to their faces is very, very apparent.

Have to say there's not one exceptionally strong look here and the majority border on offensive

Based on what I've seen in this thread so far, quite underwhelming. Even more than the other award ceremonies. So far the Globes seems to have had the best RC this year.
It's just 'barely there'. The women who do look good just about looks good.

Love Olivia, but that look is a repetition of last year's.
What's with all the trains this year? You have an already puffy dress but WITH a train? Way too much.
Also, most didn't even bother with hair and makeup this year. Just a red lip and a yoga bun or 'just out of the shower' hair?
Want to like Florence's look, but just like Margaret's, the proportions are just off. In Florence's case, a short bust and the belt made it look even shorter. And Margaret looks like she's wearing her dress back to front.
Don't get the fawning over Laura Dern's dress because it actually looks handmade by someone who doesn't work in the fashion industry. Typical mall fashion which worked perfectly with that mom hair.

So far Charlize looks the best imo. The elements of her cutout look work for her.
For some reason, I'm really drawn to Rebel Wilson's entire look, especially her hair and makeup. The side-parted hair looks amazing on her.
Renee is once again simple, but a vision in that white dress. Is it Stella Mccartney?
Love Rooney's lacy black dress, but it couldn't be more 'deja vu' if it tried.
i suppose I have to give it to Billy Porter and Janelle Monae for trying, but there's almost something wrong with Billy's look. It demanded at least more effort in the hair and makeup department.
I wonder why Saoirse's designer settled on a lilac short part for her look, that's so voluminous? Once again, proportions are off. Do love her hair and makeup, something new for her!
And as much as I hate to admit it, Blac Chyna actually looked stunning. Although, why was she even there!?!

Yay for Renee! This was such a tight race. Great way to start my Monday!
Don't know how they could reward Laura Dern for that role where she basically played herself. She certainly didn't deserve it. Not over Kathy Bates and Margot.

Why are all these Z listers at the Oscars?

The star power was absolutely lacking to the point that this year's event seems nearly forgettable.

Anyway, more looks:

Sandra Oh

Lucy Boynton

Molly Sims

Kathy Bates

Maya Rudolph

Geena Davis

Arianne Phillips

Kelly Ripa in Christiano Siriano

Lea Seydoux

Timothee Chalamet

Cynthia Erivo

WWD

Please tell me that I am not the only one who is starting to get repulsed by the gimmicks of Billy Porter (thank God Ezra Miller was not here to further continue this schtick)... It looks organic on people like RuPaul or Violet in drag, or some feminine elements like skirts on, forgive me the mighty Fashion Spot, Jaden Smith and etc, but here it is like zero effort to improve the aesthetic. I know it is not a thing and I know dresses were initially worn by men, but seriously, this is like women fashion offence right here. They should get inspiration not from fellow Hollywood people, but from underground or club kid culture if they want to pull off this kind of look in a pleasing way. It is one thing wanting to wear a dress/make up and etc, but it is the whole other thing making it WORK on you.

I enjoyed the carpet and parties this year at least people weren't boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->