Accessories Design Game

let em see if i got this right. we have to DRAW a manbag? or MAKE a manbag? with a specific theme (as in project runways thread) or any theme? whens the deadline?

yeah we have to DRAW the manbag like in the project runway, and the deadline is three or four days after 3 entries have been posted!:wink:

so here is mine design for handbag!

I decided very early to use an old doctors bag as foreground, but it took some time to choose what I would do with it...
...and yesterday night a brilliant thought took form in my mind; why not let the doctors bag be clooned with an leahter shoe?

The sketch are a bit wierd, when I was doing the inking I was watching prince Caspian (great movie :heart:) and I guess I was more into drooling over Ben Barnes then concentrating on my sketch :blush:

Oh, btw, in the sketch only half the bag is coloured, if this was reality the whole bag would be in brownish leather. I just thought the seams would be hard to see in all the splashing (I adore to splash watercolour!!!)

So here is the bag (after my essay)
- A bit smaller than a breifcase
- Overstichted seems
- Darkbrown, nubuckleather
- The shoulderstrap is adjustable, and you can make it into a handbag as well (I actually design this part in my mind, lets see if I can sketch it down)
- Black shoelaces
- The metal, as clasps, ring, etc. is bronze-like

Attachments

• perfect10_bag.jpg
    perfect10_bag.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 9
i adore it!! i want more more!!! (very interesting use of watercolour)

stop procrastinating! show me what you are all working on! B)

Heres mine!:flower:

Well, i was inspired mainly by my bf, whos still in the search for the perfect manbag. he loves contrast stitching on everything so i decided to incorporate that, and considered his specific needs like an ipod pocket and a palm pocket. wanted to put a zipper on top bc sometimes when youre on a hurry you want easy acces to the inside instead of flippin this thing first.

So i introduce you the Christopher Bag, named after my bf of course^_^
christopherbag.jpg

GREAT! one more entry and then we'll start the count down of 4 days for the judging!

fab work daniellat :heart:

and I thought this thread died... again!! I'm so happy it didn't!

thanks! perfect10 ,yeah, the tfs project runway game hasnt a single entry for the last challlenge:judge:. i guess ppl are on vacation..all but me:doh:

no one else is posting???
come on!! post post! just one more entry and in 4 days i'll judge!!

pls anyone post something...? maybe something simple as an plastic bag :P

^^ :judge:
no plastic bags please!

notaplasticbag.jpg

inhabitat.com

:lol:

that canvas-bag soooo killed the challenge, thats the ultimate man bag :lol: !!!!

btw, great signature :heart: hope we find an other contester.... cant belive that we still only have 2 entries :huh:

ilaughead might just be procrastinating... (as usual :P) i'll try to send him a PM to see if he's working on something

^^ But It isn't too late to join this round... we are waiting for one more contester ^_^

Sorry everyone! I kind of got addicted to playing the Sims this past week and could not even bring myself to do this! But, finally, here we go!
27361823av0.jpg
36103713vk8.jpg

The first image shows the size of the bag. Oversized purses may be on their way out in the womenswear arena, but I think a big bag looks good on a man. It's in between duffel bag and briefcase size, that way it can hold both business and pleasure. The bag is fabricated in a matte faux-leather/waxed cloth a la Givenchy/or any other similar nonanimal product. It's structured as if it would be stiff, but there is no padding or interfacing, leaving a soft, relaxed silhouette. The pentagon shape is divided into two interior pockets, one holds flat objects (a laptop, documents, magazines, etc.) and the other, on the side with the angle, can hold miscellaneous items like a camera, sweater, or datebook. A side zipper leads to another separate pocket. There is also a keyring attached to one handle to hold additional items like a water bottle and keys.

In case the big images didn't work...

i think i am gonna ignore the 4 days rule thing...

I'LL POST THE WINNER ON SUNDAY (12:00 CET)... so 2 days instead

so if anyone still wants to show his/her work, there's still time!!

really great entries so far... very hard to pick one! :wink:

ok... so i am 5 hours late... but i have to say in my defence that i spent the whole morning studying... and thats why i couldnt get online.

perfect10
i adore this design. i love the bronze-like hardware as it fits the bag perfectly giving it a much more masculine touch than if it was silvery or golden like we normally find in manbags. i love the shape, and i love that i could just put my hand in that handle and carry it as some sort of huge clutch. very very cool! what i don't like that much are the shoelaces. i understand that with the dark leather, they wouldnt stand out so much, and that without them, maybe the bag would look too simple for some people. for me, the overstitched seems and the beautiful nubuck is just the perfect amount of embellishment, and maybe with the laces they wouldnt stand out as much. Other than that, the bag is just right!
I also loved your sketching technique! LOVED those watercolours, LOVE LOVE LOVE

daniellat
for a very organized guy, the perfect flapbag with the different places to keep the ipod, blackberry, coins, etc in place. Done in fine chocolate leather, not too shiny, not too matte, the perfect shade, the perfect size/proportion. it looks nice and sharp to me.
i am only afraid i am not that organized so maybe i would just end up throwing everything inside. the only thing i'd change from the bag would be maybe add a blocky lining on the inside, maybe yellow or something fun like that. bright lining also helps a lot when looking for something inside the bag. light comes right in, and all the objects thrown inside are a lot more visible.
naming the bag after your boyfriend is super cute! and even cooler than that is the zipper on top!! that's a very good idea! i am even considering altering some of my flapbags and add one of those. it just kills me when cell phone rings and i have to open the flap, look for it, etc. the zipper just seems the perfect shortcut to do quick stuff like that.
the stiching on the outside, i wasnt too crazy about it at first, but it's been growing on me since you posted. maybe painted-stripes à la vuitton would also work, no?
whatever you used to sketch this worked very good! it makes it so easy to really get the textures you want, etc.

ilaughead
oversized rocks. combining business and pleasure rocks. faux-waxed-leather rocks, yet maybe i would have like some sort of soft soft grained leather in this case, again, not too shiny and not too mate. maybe a natural shade of brown?
the angle... i love the angle! it seems a bit surprising that something so simple, such a very little difference can make me like this bag a lot more than any other duffle of messenger bag i would find in a store, but actually it does! i like the balance between stiff and soft, keeping it simple so that nothing else interferes in appreciating the structure of the bag. i like how it makes it possible that the bag is thinner at the ages, so that when you stuff it with your things, it doesnt get all bulky just at the bottom looking like a groceries bag. it gets the volume right where it's supposed to have it.
i can't really see the functionality of the side zipper, as i wonder what kind of object would you keep there... maybe if the zipper was on the right and not on the middle of the side, it would be easier to take things in and out of it like small documents (a plane boarding pass, parking tickets), coins, the ipod earbuds, etc.
the sketch looks really cool, and it's good that you tried to give an idea of how it actually looks on someone.

all three bags were just fantastic, and i can honestly say that i could see myself wearing any of them (if you are ever a famous man bag designers, remember me, and maybe send me some, with a couple i would do, so that i can try it out :P i'll be very glad to do so!) i like how you all were able to demonstrate that it is actually possible to come out with very very decent bags, and that there is no excuse that it is still so hard nowadays to find decent bags anywhere. i think we've made very clear that we dont like unnecessary pockets, buttons, sippers, hardware, prints,and all those things they add to make bags "more interesting"
unfortunately, only one of you can be the winner.... and this time it's got to be.....

ilaughead!

because your design really demonstrated that less is more, and that the slightest change, can really give the whole look a very cool edge.

congratulations to the three of you and thank you for such amazing entries. from the way of sketching you used, to the descriptions, to all the thought put into those gorgeous bags!!!

so..... what's the next challenge? :brows:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbtina
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->