Adidas - The All-Things 'Adidas Sneakers/Trainers' Thread

It's not tacky - it's kitsch!

I'm just not into this whole Japanese minamalist thing...it's a bit Nazi if you ask me. If I was forced to wear minamalist though I'd definetly go for Yohji Yamamoto's siganture range instead of dull Y-3's. Wearing Y-3 is practically like wearing Addidas.

This is yohji's range now. As I understand stand it, there will be no more signature collections- Just y-3.
Pete

Hey guys,

I have quite a few pairs of Y-3 sneakers and have just recently purchased this seasons limited editions. They are the silver glitter track trainers seen on http://www.adidas.com/y-3.

They cost me £400 ($700), what do you guys think of them and do you think I was ripped off.

There are only 400 pairs made so that was propably the reason I bought them.

That link didn't work for me but I do know the shoes you are talking about. Honestly, I don't like them that much and I couldn't fathom spending $700 on a pair of sneakers. And I'm certainly not a cheapskate when it comes to shoes. I'd spend that money on a superb pair of Helmut Lang boots or some incredible Bruno Frisoni pumps.

If you're doubting it, I say return them. That is WAY too much money to spend on something that you're iffy about.

Thay are basically the Y-3 track sneaker, but totally covered in glitter. The link should work, I just tried it.

Just saw them :wink:
I would never spend $ 700 on those ,I think they're a bit too much.
If you are not 100 % sure about them,I'd go back to the shop or try Ebay.
That's what I should have done with my Y-3 too . :doh:

I went to the Y-3 show during this years Paris Fashion week ( which was fantastic ).

Next seasons range is a lot better than the current season and I believe that the clothing is actually quite good.

I own a few pairs of Y-3 and have done from the begining, the problem that im facing is that if they get voted best trainer of the year that everyone will soon be wearing them.

I'm not really that iffy about them, I actually love wearing them.

They certainly get me noticed out and about the town.

i dont think they are that great. the reason i buy them is becasue they are a good alternative to real trainers and they are not that typical designer trainer that wouldnt go with my dress-down outfits :wink:

Originally posted by Selfridgesworker@Dec 13th, 2003 - 8:44 pm
I'm not really that iffy about them, I actually love wearing them.

They certainly get me noticed out and about the town.
i would keep them...
for when you go out clubbing in the cool edgy scene :wink:

Originally posted by Selfridgesworker@Dec 13th, 2003 - 8:48 pm
:unsure: You can call me stupid but I dont understand what you mean by that :unsure:
hahha :lol:

i meant when u go out, instead of wearing normal trainers, wear those glitzy ones :wink:

Personally,I would have never spent that much especially when you can find a nice cheap vintage style and get a glue gun and some glitter and do it all yourself :lol: But that's just me! :wink:

I haven't really been taken with any of Y3 yet but as long as you feel like you made a valued choice,to each his own.

Btw,I thought Selfy's sold the extensive shoe range? Employee discount!

We do, but unfortunatly I havent recieved my discount card yet and really couldnt wait for them to be purchased by someone else.

Selfridges only have one pair in each size and a Premiership footballer who happens to be the same size as me showed a lot of interest in them.

So I bought them.

Mind you if my discount turns up soon, I think im gonna have to return them and re-purchase them :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->