Aitor Mateo

PussyLee

Reaction score
Taken from Instinct Magazine

http://www.instinctmag.com/cover.html

visit the site, and get Aitor's sexy wallpapers

april_2005

HE MAKES LOOKING GOOD IN A SWIMSUIT SEEM LIKE A WALK ON THE BEACH
Aitor Mateo is one of the hottest up-and-coming male models around. After getting his start in Europe, he moved from

Madrid to New York (spending the “cold seasons” in Miami) and, as is typical of many models coming from Europe to the U.S., has moved from more editorial and runway fare to working on commercial projects. He’s hot, so of course we had to get him for our annual Swimsuit issue:

INSTINCT: So, you go between modeling gigs in New York and Miami. That’s a pretty hard life.

AITOR MATEO: [Laughs] I enjoy what I do, but it can get quite stressful sometimes. The competition in modeling is stiff.

As we all know from watching America’s Next Top Model. So, in New York you’re with the very prestigious Wilhelmina.

Yes, and in Miami I’m with Michele Pommier. It has become a full-time thing for me.

Full-time? You’re working right now while you’re in Miami?

[Laughs] No, I’m hanging out at the beach. That’s what you’re supposed to do in Miami in February! I enjoy the beach, playing the guitar…

You play the guitar?

Yeah, I’ve been playing for, like, 15 years.

Maybe you should give guitar lessons in between modeling jobs.

I did a few years back. I started with the Spanish classic guitar, and now I play everything from electric to acoustic.

Have you ever been in a band?

A few. I’ve been the singer and guitar player in a few bands. They were back in Spain, kind of punky rock bands.

Would you ever consider being in a band again, or are you enjoying being solo?

I love playing music, so it doesn’t really matter if I’m doing it solo or in a band.

Okay, back to the other aspect of your “rock star” lifestyle. What has been the best place you’ve got to travel for a modeling gig?

I enjoy New York, but I’ve been to the Canary Islands, to Mexico. I enjoy warm locations, which is why I’m in Miami right now instead of New York. Yeah, while we’re chatting, there’s a blizzard or something like that going on in New York. Both Madrid and New York are big towns. What’s the biggest difference between them from your perspective?

It’s not that different. They both have lots of different people from all over—and lots of museums. But I feel at home in both cities. I’ve lived in Texas, and that’s scary. [Laughs] I didn’t feel at home there. And Miami is nice, but I don’t feel like I could live here.

How’d your modeling career begin?

About two years ago. A girl friend of mine, she was a model, and she recommended that I go to her agency. And in a few days, I was getting work. It was all pretty quick. And I enjoy it more for the traveling and meeting new people. I’m very social.

You also seem to not be very self-conscious. Or have you just gotten used to wearing swimsuits and the like?

It’s not a big deal. In fact, I think wearing less is sexier.

But don’t all models care about how they look?

Sure, I think I care more than enough about how I look. I actually don’t like it.

You know, women can get away with a lot more and still be considered sexy, I think. For men, the only way they look sexy if they look relaxed.

Sexiness is something that comes naturally, I think. It’s when a man looks natural, like when he’s comfortable with how he looks, even when he isn’t, you know, a model. That’s sexy.

Besides looks, have you ever heard, or do you have, some good advice of your own on how to attract people more?

You just need to seem approachable. If you are trying to be sexy, usually you look like you have attitude. Smiling, seeming like someone can come up and talk to you—that makes you attractive. And attraction lasts longer than sexiness.

text_ ROBBIE DAW photography_JOE SCHMELZER fashion director_ NOLÉ MARIN

Attachments

• apr05_ss_1sm.jpg
    apr05_ss_1sm.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 12
  • apr05_ss_2sm.jpg
    apr05_ss_2sm.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 10
  • apr05_ss_3sm.jpg
    apr05_ss_3sm.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 13
  • apr05_ss_4sm.jpg
    apr05_ss_4sm.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 11
zmfgag.jpg

210ls8j.jpg

25kk6kn.jpg

5oil94.jpg

30ijoyc.jpg

majormodels

Born 1981
Height 6'2"
Chest Suit 41"
Neck 15.5"
Waist 32"
Shoe 11.5 US
Hair Brown
Eyes Brown

majormodelmanagement.com

Impetus swimwear & underwear 2009 collection

theinsider.com/zimbio.com

just found out about him today by accident :lol: he needs even more exposure cause his crazy hot

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paindivine
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->