All About Menswear

Try http://www.infomat.com/

If you're looking to speak with a sales rep, search the show sites (found on infomat). Some sites will list the lines sold and the Rep appears under that, while Reps who own showrooms may be listed, differently. I'd recommend a road rep because they are most connected to the Retailer - sharing their pain, so to speak.

Approach Reps gingerly re: your project. You may need to pay for their time as a consultation fee because you're keeping them off the road - so be sensitive to that. Showroom reps are different. They focus on big-hitter Buyers and have inroads that support that. You need to consider the context of your research (i.e. how it will be applied) so you can target the best people to interview.

RE: policies, this is give and take. Manufacturers (vendors) and Buyers don't always see eye-to-eye. I'd let go of thinking there is a "standard" anything. It's all about negotiation.

For example, extending 2/10 Net 30 terms to a Buyer requires a credit check and a Factor. Obtaining a Factor is difficult, time consuming and expensive - all of which are passed on to the wholesale cost to the Buyer. Some Mfg are either too small or too young to get a Factor or the margin on their line is too narrow for it to be a viable option.

I'd suggest you validate whatever terms discussions you have with Buyers against what Manufacturers and Factors actually administer. I think you'll be surprised at the differences.

London or Paris for Menswear?

Which good fashion schools in London and Paris can I apply for?
I'd like to dedicate my study on Menswear only. Moreover, the fashion school in Paris should be in English.

I know that Parsons Paris would be an alternative. You know more?

I hope you guys can help me.

central saint martins does menswear...
and I don't think that paris fashion schools teach in english...

You can ask about the member MUXU for menswear in London

I think it was London College of Fashion that was the pick
& they offer courses in men's tailoring
Plus you have Savile Row there, tailors' guild ...
Could be useful in sharpening skills

But for fashion week, they say menswear thrives in Milan ...^_^ Good luck teDDy!

Milano would be great too. The only thing that keep me away from it is the fact I only speak English :(
Damn, I'm so desperate...still dunno where to go...it's actually time now :cry:

is it a good idea to specialize in menswear or does it limit one's job opportunities? what are the pros and cons of such a concentration?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->