• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

dressmaking

Reaction score
Hi having wanted to study fashion design for years but not having the time or funds to give up my job i have just enrolled on a short pattern cutting and dress making course. I am very familiar with sewing machines ect having once done a soft furnishings course i was wondering if any body on here who is a designer could tell me where i can purchase dress fabric preferably online as i have a few patterns that where given to me by a friend and would like to have a go seeing as my course doesnt start for 6 weeks. I am based in the uk and i dont want to spend a fortune.

sorry if this is in the wrong section but i couldnt think where to put it. thank you for any help you can give me.

If you have never sewn anything before, I recommend that you buy a few bolts of muslin in various weights for now. Once you feel comfortable with a design, head toward more valuable fabrics. That's my happy two cents of advice! Best of luck!! :flower:

That's great!

My suggestions:
For designer fabrics go to www.moodfabrics.com. I've never shopped from them before but a lot of designers go there. I personally go to www.fashionfabricsclub.com. They have TONS of fabrics (a lot of really cheap but nice clearance fabric as well). Once you have ordered something, they'll send you free fabric swatches every month (which is enough of an incentive for me.).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->