All Black... All The Time!

missbhaven

Reaction score
I know the whole "Goth influence" is very over, but I have to wear fashionable, all black clothing for my job in the cosmetics industry (and all black means that even buttons on clothing must be pitch black!). There must be absolutely no other colors in the outfit whatsoever. Comfortability pretty much limits bottoms to black dress pants only.

So my question is: How do you wear entirely black outfits for 2007?

Any tips or examples would be much appreciated! ^_^

Are you allow to accessorize? If yes, then maybe a black shiny-ish belt or some black sequined jewelery. Bascially something decorative. Also, play with tones and the texture of materials to add a bit of an "umph." You can also play up your makeup :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
All black outfits are the most beautiful! Take a look at Audrey Hepburn.

I used to work at a place where they'd only allow black only clothes.. it was fun.. not everyone used to wear pitch black so that was my favorite option.. and also, accesories like very thin black belts, shape of buttons, cuts, pleats, perfectly ironed jackets.. it definitely takes a bit more of your imagination but it looks wonderful.. colour and the urge to look drastically different everyday become quite insignificant.. -_- :heart:

Ha, you must work for MAC! :lol:

Play with textures, shiny, vinyl, metallic, sheen, matte, rough, shaggy etc.

ALso play with style, black is sooooooo fun, you may look classic professional with a pair of wide leg trousers, low heels, and a fitted blazer. Next day, try a sweet look, with a baby doll dress that has some lace/ eyelets plus ballet flats. The day after, try a urban hippie look with skinny jeans and loose t-shirt plus sneakers. You may also look feminem with an A-line pleated skirt with a cute top and a pair of wedges.

NEVER NEVER NEVER wear stilettos that are higher than ONE inch, or heels higher than two inches, you feel will thank you, because you are standing for few hours a day.

I love all black, nothing feels so chic and strong. :heart:

Like many here have said, play with textures, volumes.. all black can easily look cheap so choose high quality black clothing.

When out shopping look at the black in different light many black things aren't really black but a bit faded this often look cheap!

Choose cigarette pants with pleats, maybe with a black shell top and some flats.
I would love some black stingray or lizard flats.

I think to make the all black look work is so much more interesting than to wear a lot of colour which easily can disguise bad quality. Pay more attention to cuts and what fits you, don't wear something that's too oversized, go for clean lines, with something unexpected--like I previously said-pleats.

I also love slightly baggy trousers, here is what I mean, this look is one of my all time favourites:

4dx4k8m.jpg

style.com

OMG! i love to dress totally black but to do it in summer, i must absorbed all the heat in the area LOL....

i agree with some of the girls, accessorize with shiny patent black like a patent belt and bag or vinyl/patent bag?

my fave outlook is a black knit dress long to the bottom of my feet and worn with black patent/suede point shoe or boots.
and a little touch of patent belt with the prefect black bag would be sooo cool!

I don't have to do all-black for my job but I usually do it a lot...I focus on the accessories and makeup. Details aren't as important because we wear aprons but I like to find fun things that are still within the dress code.

I am dreading the summer though, because it gets hot in our store, but I won't travel to and from work in my work clothes. Gosh no!

all black outfits are about shape, texture and details...
and make for a very strong silhouette..

simple and chic always works...
get some black fitted mantailored shirts...
they look incredibly chic and sexy on women in every situation...
just undo one extra button...
:wink:

I need to invest in some more black clothing, I just am so afraid I'll look 'emo'! Black may be chic in the fashion world, but over here it's worn exclusively by the punky set.

What do you think about wearing all black ?

What do you think about wearing all black ?

I like it, and I often tend to wear it myself. However, wearing only one colour looks drab unless you mix textures, as for instance leather, cotton, fur, etc, and also if you only wear heavy/thick or very lightweight fabrics.

Black is the only colour (yeah, I know it's not really a colour :P) I dress in from head to toe. To me it always conveys a certain aura of interestingness. I also like when men dress in black. :heart:

^ditto, especially when I'm feeling *cash* (johnny, that is), with some mod chelsea boots, black skinny jeans, a black collared shirt with vest and black blazer, comin' ta' getcha, lookout!

anyone seen el topo lately-- the female gunslinger is HOT in all black cowboy gear!

I do it all the time (sometimes too much) . Sometimes I wear nude (or in my case, light brown) shoes to mix it up a bit with the all black look - but to me its still all black. :smile:

I thought about making it my new uniform, but decided it would depress me. I like variety.
For somebody else I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->