Andreas Sjödin - Photographer

MulletProof

Reaction score
Scandinavian photographer. Frequent contributor to publications such as Cover magazine. I dont have any information about him since his website's credits seem to be directed only to models and his 2 agencies are exclusively focused on his photo portfolio.

I dont think he's very innovative as a photographer but I've been drawn to his ability of making clothes look beautifully, which i think is what makes a great fashion photographer ultimately.

sjodim1.jpg

[6agency]

I wish i could give credits to the fabulous stylists but as mentioned, i could only [easily] name the models. :lol:

andreas8.jpg

[andreassjodin]

Last edited by a moderator:
^i love his settings, i think they talk for the sense of travelling of the scandinavian people. and it's a good thing that he proves that they are beautiful but the priority stays on the clothes.
if that makes sense. :P

sjodim19.jpg

sjodim20.jpg

sjodim23.jpg

[6agency]

I agree that he's not exactly innovative, but he consistently puts out good work. Me like.

His [not very up-to-date] bio from Camera Link. :flower:

Andreas Sjödin is the photographer that came from ”nowhere” to dominate the scene of commercial Swedish fashion photography over a period of less than a year. Andreas has a 10 year background as a fashion art director. As such, he worked at H&M for five years, based in New York, where he worked repeatedly with some of the world´s leading fashion photographers, finally deciding to take up this profession himself. He started by shooting set cards for a model agency and then almost instantly got a first brake with a story for Harper´s Bazaar. When Andreas returned to Stockholm, he was immediately commissioned to shoot some of Sweden´s most high-profiled fashion accounts, including NK, MQ and Maybelline. He sees himself not simply as a photographer but as a director of still images who uses all the tools available to create maximum fashion impact, letting the clothes and the brand decide the mood and character of his images.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->