Andreas Sjödin - Photographer

Leviathan said:
His [not very up-to-date] bio from Camera Link. :flower:
:woot: thank you!!!
it solves a couple of questions!.
i love the last line because, in my limited vocabulary :lol: , it's basically my conclusion about him, he lets the clothes decide. despite what his webmasters want. :P

*you're welcome, twilight!. :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ No problem!

"Pas Or de Prix"
Scanned by Diorette from Vogue Paris September 2006

^ ^
there you see how much sense you make ms. modesty:P

it is quite a mixed bag for me, while i agree that the clothes are beautifully staged and i like some of the bold colours and unexpected compositions i really, really (with a few exceptions) detest studio photography with 'moving stills' of models in adventerous positions.... why, oh why is that so popular??

thanks for sharing!

:lol: i really hear you on that, estella. it's something that's been bugging me for quite a while. it seems like such a popular direction in vogue or bazaar magazine, i think. i guess if they're going to work in a studio, they should focus exclusively on whatever the model is portraying/wearing rather than what the model is doing since there arent a lot of things to do. :innocent:

I noticed his photography #9 + #10 in one of the Elle's issue and since then I was blown away by his work. He finds the most amazing locations and positions to shoot in. Love his compositing and narrative storytelling. However I do like more his outside shoots.

Vogue Nippon December/ January 2007.

lily1fb9.jpg

lily3jv0.jpg

lily4po3.jpg

lily2gy3.jpg

lily5tb6.jpg

[cameralink]

getting a bit sick of his indoors work. :innocent:

for Yves Saint Laurent.
andreas1zn8.jpg

[andreassjodin]

Spring/Summer 2007 campaigns

Balmain

Paul & Joe

Azzaro

[andreassjodin.se]

oh wow..thanks olga!. I've been loving the balmain ad..didn't know it was him. :blush: :heart:

i love how "clean" and sharp the balmain ad looks :heart:
the hazy paul & joe with jessica miller are really great too... ^_^

His studio work (aside from the amazing Balmain ad) is a big snooze fest, but I really enjoy the location shoots. Beautiful settings and great sense of color. Some of his stuff reminds me quite a bit of Åkrans (and I guess by extension M&M), though.

FANTASTIC PLASTIC
Vogue Nippon May 2007
Model: Eugenia Volodina
scanned by Gold_Star

Vogue Nippon August 2007
Fashion All Stars
Models: Magdalena Frackowiak and Jenny Sweeney
Photographer: Andreas Sjödin
Stylist: Ludivine Poiblanc

Source: Scanned by Gold Star

Frida Gustavsson & Melissa Tammerijn by Andreas Sjodin for Bon International Summer 2010

fashiongonerogue

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->