Scanh00t1.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 26
img5894df9.jpg

Ingrid Superstar:

img5888tv9.jpg

img5936wh3.jpg

img5937si9.jpg

from the book Andy Warhol Screen Tests

Oooohh! I can answer that question of who was the Sugar Plum Fairy from Lou Reed's "Walk On The Wild Side". Answer - Joe Campbelljoe campbell - photo by harvey milk - queer-arts org.jpg

joe campbell & harvey nmilk 06a- andrejoymasky com.jpg "Joe Campbell travelled on the fringes of the Andy Warhol crowd where he was dubbed the "Sugar Plum Fairy" - the name rock 'n roller Lou Reed later called Campbell in Reed's paeon to the New York hustling scene "Walk On The Wild Side". Campbell's trendy friends were amazed that Joe had spent nearly seven years with (Harvey) Milk. The staid businessman didn't seem enough - attractive enough, rich enough & certainly not chic enough - to warrant the attention of the dazzling Sugar Plum Fairy." Randy Shiltz -" The Mayor of Castro Street"
St. Martin's Press 1982 (Note: Joe passed away from complications of AIDS which he fought courageously for many years.) On a personal note, maybe Harvey Milk's love and care was enough for the Sugar Plum Fairy. He found his Prince. Photo Source: queer-arts.org

I found a fabulous gem not too long ago. Some amazing pictures of Viva from an original 60's magazine. What blew my mind is - the photos were taken by Diane Arbus. The six degrees of separation is... I used to work with Diane's daughter Amy at a restaurant in Boston. Go figure!viva1 diane arbus ny mag 4-29-68.jpg

viva2 diane arbus ny mag 68.jpg

viva3 diane arbus ny mag 68.jpg

viva4 diane arbus ny mag 68.jpg Source: New York Magazine - Photographer- Diane Arbus - April 29, 1968 - Scanned by Me!:heart:

Catherine James. She is the mystery girl in the photos by Nat Finkelstein.She has recently written her Memoirs. Her story is incredible! Dandelion:Memoir of a Free Spirit.

n663810651_1457528_8999.jpg

nico18.jpg

S00_edited.jpg

newscan.jpg

newScan2.jpg

1st_modeling_shot.jpg

^^ thank you!
everyone always say that it´s Edie in that first pic, but I have never agreed to that.

:flower:

thanks for all those pictures! specially ingrid superstar, she's one of my favorites superstars.
i have a tribute page to her, if someone wants to see it, here it is: myspace.com/ingridsuperstar.

I dont care for him (andy) whatsoever. He was a piece of sh*t for all I'm concerned.

oww loonaka! how lucky you are! i want to meet gerard too lol

Wow that's a great photo ^^ I take it that's Candy Darling on the right? Who's the other man in the photo aside from Candy and Andy?

Great photo lady stardust! Candy looks fabulous in that shot. Not sure who the other is??

this is completely new to me - candy looks beyond gorgeous!

Wow - I just read the most fabulous interview about Bibbe Hansen, the youngest member of the Factory. She was only 13 years old when she was in Warhol's "Prison". Her mom, Audrey (who's an unbelievable beauty) was a stripper and a dancer on the Perry Como Show . She was half jewish and half swedish....actually Lapplander. Married a few times and went through a gangster husband period. Bibbe's great grandfather Abraham Rosenberg was the first President of the International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union. She is also related to Bibi Lindstom - Ingmar Bergman's art designer & set designer. (During the "Persona" period, the middle Bergman period). She was in an all girl group & recorded the record that was an answer back to the Beatles' "I Want To Hold Your Hand". She married David Campbell - a musician, arranger & composer. Had 2 kids- Beck & Channing & lived in Marlon Brando's old house in Laurel Canyon. After 6 years- she ran away with a teenage chicano lover who was 15 years old. She left Beck's dad & all she took was the pearls around her neck & the rings she to later hock. She married the teenager, Sean Carrillo (I guess when he was of legal age) & they started a restaurant "Troy's Cafe". And they are still together today. Here are some pics....BABYBIB3 1959 - bibbe com.jpg

Bibbe hansen photo by ryszard horowitz bibbe com Ryz2.jpg

bibbe- photo steven_shore bibbe com.jpg

BibbeEdie-- billy name photo - bibbe com.jpg

bibbe's monAudrey was a stripper & dancer on perry como4 - bibbe com.jpg

vf march 93 troy cafe.jpg Source: Pic 1- Bibbe in 1959. Pic 2 - Bibbe in her punk period. Photo by Ryszard Horowitz Pic 3 - Bibbe at the Factory. Photo by Steven Shore. Pic 4 - Factory era. Photo by Billy Name. Pic. 5 - Bibbe's mom Audrey Pic 6 - Bibbe & her hubby Sean Carrillo - Vanity Fair, March 1993 at Troy Cafe. All Photos are from www.bibbe.com

wow, what an amazing story! she should write a book! I wanna know more about her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willxxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->