Anna Piaggi

Do you recommend Fashion Algebra? I've looked trough it at bookstore..but I'm not quite sure.

I absolutely love her and Izzie Blow ...

Anna always wear hats (I thinkIzzy does too ..afterall she "discovered" P. Treacy!) ... and she has this quality you know ... she said frivolous ... well... its like a girl who plays dress up with everything on the closet, but she gets it right!

Anna is the quintessential fashion maven at fashion shows. she is her own wardrobe. you can't miss her a mile away.

Fashion icon and eccentric nonpareil, Anna Piaggi is, according to her good friend Manolo Blahnik, 'the only authority on frocks left in the world'. Creative consultant to Italian Vogue since 1988, her monthly Doppie Pagine (double-page spreads) in which she rhapsodises about anything fashion-related that has taken her fancy (a print, a word, some graffiti on the Paris Metro), have become an institution. This month, the V&A opens an exhibition dedicated to her life and work, including pieces drawn from her vast and off-the-wall wardrobe
Who are your favourite designers of the moment? I like Dolce & Gabbana and Rifat Ozbek. Also John Galliano, because he's a designer whose clothes create their own mood. I've recently rediscovered Chanel, who I used to wear years ago. I particularly like the collections they make for Japan, full of such stunning patterns and colours. I've also rediscovered Missoni, the clothes are made with such craft. And I like the modernism and discipline of Prada.
Which shoes have caught your eye recently? I always wear Manolo Blahnik. His shoes are so artistic and friendly and always suit my mood. Missoni spring/summer 2006
What do you wear to work? I work from home. So either a jogging costume from Dolce & Gabbana or a 'Gazette' newspaper-print dressing-gown from Galliano.
Who makes the best cashmere? Malo (malo.it).
Handbags? Chanel.
Who is your favourite jeweller? Betony Vernon in Milan (paradisefound.it) and Quidam de Revel in Paris (00 33 1 42 71 37 07).
Where do you buy your underwear? La Samaritaine (lasamaritaine.com) in Paris and Intimo Sirena (via California1) in Milan.
Who makes the best jeans? Vivienne Westwood.
What have been your biggest fashion indulgences? Hats (by either Philip Treacy or Stephen Jones), gloves (from Missoni Men, with cutout fingers - I wear them while I'm working and with matching nail varnish) and walking canes (from Madeleine Gély, 218 blvd St Germain, Paris).
Which are your favourite shops? Corso Como 10 (10corsocomo.com) and Dolce & Gabbana in Milan.
Which are your favourite shops outside Italy? Stephen Jones (stephenjonesmillinery.com) and Manolo Blahnik (020-7352 8622) in London. Ragtime in Paris (23 rue de l'Echaude).
Which are your favourite hotels? Hotel Pont Royal (hotel-pont-royal.com) in Paris. The Dorchester (dorchesterhotel.com) in London.
Which is your favourite restaurant? La Torre di Pisa (trattoriatorredipisa.it) in Milan.
What has been your biggest beauty extravagance? Dyeing my hair blue.
Which cosmetics would you be lost without? Foundation. I use Estée Lauder's Futurist.
Who makes the best mascara? MAC.
Lipstick? Chanel.
Nail polish? François Nars.
Who does your facials? I get all my treatments (including massages, manicures and pedicures) from the Grotta Giusti Hotel in Montecantini Terme (grottagiustispa.com).
Is there a diet that works for you? Pasta.

Interview by Ajesh Patalay Daily Telegraph UK

Last edited by a moderator:
She's undoubtedly fun but I think she is the fashion equivalent of a poet who thinks that writing poetry is about 'feeling' and 'subjectiveness' when in fact is a very precise art. Consequently she looks a mess. I can't comment on her editorship as I am not familiar with Italian Vogue but I am of the opinion that the unflashy, oft-overlooked Alexandra Shulman does the most professional job when it comes to this and Anna Wintour does a horrific job.

She looks like a mess, but I like it. You can't take her outfits too seriously. She definetily has her own, unique style.

100098501.jpg
100096370.jpg
100080382.jpg
100050295.jpg
all style.com

Isabella Blow and Anna ! :heart:

I love Anna, I think she is wonderful and wish more people dressed like her.

style.com

Beauty Icon: Anna Piaggi

With her kiss-curled blue hair, pencil-ringed eyes, colorful canes, and fantastic hats, Italian Vogue's Anna Piaggi is unmistakable and unmistakably influential. Her fans range from Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana to Another Magazine's Jefferson Hack to her pal Manolo Blahnik, who calls her "modern beyond belief." Another friend, Karl Lagerfeld, chronicled 12 years of the journalist and self-styled fashion diviner's "anna-chronistic" looks—think a navy-blue Balenciaga suit padded at the hips with the croissant-shape pannier of an opera singer, or a priceless Poiret coat worn over Missoni pajamas—in his 1986 tome, Lagerfeld's Sketchbook. What the designer called Piaggi's "appetit graphique" is equally evident in her witty magazine work. She's produced more than 7,000 editorial pages, and Vanity, an illustrated journal she curated in the early eighties, is cultishly collected. Now, with Fashion-ology, a Topshop-sponsored exhibition at London's Victoria and Albert Museum through April 23, this muse and style icon is set to win a whole new set of followers.

02m.jpg

Anna Piaggi and her husband, the photographer Alfa Castaldi, in L'Uomo Vogue, 1969.
Photo: Oliviero Toscani / Courtesy of Vogue Italia

05m.jpg

Anna Piaggi, 1970's.
Photo: Wayne Stambler / Courtesy of the Victoria and Albert Museum

07m.jpg

Anna Piaggi and Karl Lagerfeld, photographed while making Lagerfeld's film Views and Interviews, 1977.
Photo: Jacques de Bascher Archive

04m.jpg

Anna Piaggi, in a sketch by Karl Lagerfeld.
Illustration: Karl Lagerfeld / Courtesy of the Victoria and Albert Museum

01m.jpg

Anna Piaggi, wearing a cape by Gallenga, and Karl Lagerfeld, 1978. Piaggi's collar is an underskirt from a formal ensemble previously worn by Lagerfeld, and the mask is a Perspex collar by Pierre Cardin.
Photo: Renato Grignaschi / Courtesy of Vogue Italia

08m.jpg

Anna Piaggi, 1980.
Photo: Courtesy of Vogue Italia

06m.jpg

Anna Piaggi selects images for Vogue Italia, 2004.
Photo: Bardo Fabiani / Courtesy of the Victoria and Albert Museum

03m.jpg

Anna Piaggi, wearing a dress designed by Jean-Charles de Castelbajac, cape by Angela and Giovanni Grimoldi, and hat by Stephen Jones.
Photo: David Bailey for Another Magazine / Courtesy of the Victoria and Albert Museum

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone knows hot to contact her office/company? i would absolutely love to do some work experience with her!

She's one of my fashion heroes! Her style is so insane, and yet, incredibly chic. I will most def. be trying out that miniskirt-as-cape idea!

FraItlay ... Please post the credit for this photo ot will have to be deleted. :flower:

She has been very friendly!
Pics by me (outside the Dolce&Gabbana show yesterday)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loquillinben
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->